Infuriating (Part 1)-Sherlock

You didn't know how anyone could stand him.  How anyone could bear to work with him.  For you it seemed impossible. The consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes, just always seemed to push you the wrong way with his deductions. He knew everything about you by one glance and show off by telling it all to you. But of course, Greg Lestrade had to make you work with him on almost every case.  Sherlock annoyed you and today was just another day that he got the chance. 
You walked up to a crime scene for the first time in about a week and a half. You approached Lestrade and was just about to ask what he had when you heard his voice.

"Good morning, y/n."  He said.

You turned around and faced the tall man, glaring at him with your arms crossed.

"Good morning, Sherlock."  You said and started to turn around again but he kept talking.

"How was the funeral?"  He questioned.

You felt as though steam was blowing out your ears and nose like in the cartoons.  "Why in the world would you care?!"  You shouted.

"I don't, but I know that you would care about the death of your mother."  He stated with a small smile on his face.

That tipped you over the edge and you pulled your tight clenched fist back to punch him in the face. And you would have had not Greg stopped you.

"Y/n, no!"  He shouted grabbing your arm.

You took deep deaths as you calmed yourself down and wiped away the tears that had fallen. You stepped closer to the detective and stared him dead in the eye.

"You are a horrible, thoughtless, and cold-hearted man." 

And with that you turned on your heel and headed towards the body. Sherlock always seemed to pick on you but you had no idea why.  That was one of the main reasons he infuriated you.  You'd probably never admit it out loud but you hated Sherlock, but you also loved him at the same time. The hate seemed to overrun the love more though. And besides, he would never love anyone.

***

You felt relieved for the past few days. The case that had come up not too lot ago had been proven to be a difficult one. Greg assigned Sherlock to the case and he was still working on it.  So that meant that you had a few days without having to see Sherlock. But your luck was quick to run out when Greg decided that you were going to help them. You were shocked and angered but you didn't show it. You merely nodded and turned on your heel. As you left Greg called John and let him know you were coming. You grabbed your coat and hailed a cab. You told the cab driver to go to Baker Street. You'd actually never been to Sherlock's flat but you still knew where he lived. You exited the cab when you arrived and paid him. You walked up to the door and knocked. After a few moments, the door opened and you were greeted by a cheery older lady.

"Oh!  Hello.  You here for Sherlock?"  She asked.

You did your best not to cringe at the mention of him, "Yeah, I guess."  You said shrugging.

"He's right upstairs."  She directed.

You smiled and nodded a 'thank you'. You then followed her instructions and climbed the steps to the flat Sherlock lived in. You could hear talking from one of the flats. Actually, it was more like shouting. You approached the slightly open door and pushed it open revealing Sherlock shouting something at John. Something that you just barely caught.

"I CAN NEVER GET HER OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"  Sherlock shouted and ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly.

You stood in the doorway, now feeling quite a bit awkward. Questions ran across your mind by that one statement Sherlock said. You wanted to just back away and pretend like you didn't hear that. Maybe try entering again?  But you were too late.  Sherlock had looked up and his eyes locked onto yours.

"Y/n."  He said quietly, but still audible.

You smiled and gave a small wave. Sherlock looked at John with wide eyes looking almost scared.

"How much of that conversation did you hear?"  He asked.

"I only heard that last part you said."  You answered.

"Oh thank goodness."  Sherlock sighed.

He then looked around his flat and seemed embarrassed. He darted up and started "tidying up" a bit. It really didn't work though. The mess was almost impossible to fully get rid of and make neat.

"I'm sorry about the mess."  Sherlock apologized.

You made a slight gasping noise and stared at the detective shocked, but also with a smirk playing on your lips, "You're apologizing for a mess?  Since when are you ever nice to me?"  You asked with a hint of unbelief in your voice.

"Since now apparently."  John said.

"The only question is, why?"  You asked.

"Everyone had secrets y/n. The way I act towards certain people is my secret."  Sherlock snapped.

"And there it went."  You said throwing your hands up. 

"What?"  Sherlock asked.

"The niceness.  It's gone."  You answered.

"What are you even doing here, y/n?"  Sherlock asked.

"Much to my disappointment I'm here to help you on this case."  You stated.

"What?!"  Sherlock asked shocked.

He looked at John who just shrugged. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, ready for this to be done. But then a thought appeared in your mind. A slightly evil thought. Sherlock had said there was a girl he couldn't get out of his head. You decided that you would annoy him with that just about as much as he had annoyed you for years. You wanted to see how the consulting detective would react. And boy, what a fun ride that was going to be.