Hallucinations? (Part 3)-Sherlock

You and Sherlock went to the flat. You were both silent the whole way there. The two of you walked up the steps and into his flat. Still not a word was said. Sherlock was the one to break the silence though.

"Y/n. I know that you're upset at me not telling you that I was alive, but I am sorry." He said.

"I know, Sherlock." You said.

"So, you'll forgive me?" He asked.

You stared ahead of you and thought. Sherlock could see this. Finally, you nodded, "I forgive you." You said.

Sherlock smiled. It was a very rare sight and it seemed to melt your heart. You smiled back and choked back tears. Sherlock saw, and walked over to you. He wasn't used to stuff like this so it was an awkward type of hug when he wrapped his arms around you. You slipped your hands around to his back and shut your eyes. His body was warm against your cold shaken body.

"I'm so sorry for everything that I put you through." He whispered.

You let a tears slip out as you thought of the dreadful days from the past two years.

"I saw you everywhere, Sherlock." You said.

He looked at you confused so you continued to explain.

"Everywhere I went I'd see you standing there. If I was getting a coffee or eating something, I would see you sitting across from me. I would see you at the end of a sidewalk I was on. On rare occasions I'd see your dead body lying on the ground covered in blood. It hurt so much and made me miss you even more! I'd look away and you would disappear." You sobbed. "I never really wanted you to disappear though. I wanted it to be the real you. That's why when I saw you, I thought it was another hallucination." You said.

"I didn't know, I didn't know that I would put you through all that." He said.

"I'd also see you in my dreams. Every single one of them would lead up to the same ending. You jumped and hit the ground. I didn't have anyone to comfort me after waking up from those nightmares." You explained.

"Why did all of this happen to you? Why so much?" He asked.

"Because Sherlock! We became really close friends, but I grew to lo..." You trailed off, realizing what you were saying.

"You what?" Sherlock asked.

"I love you Sherlock." You said.

Sherlock seemed shocked at this but not shocked at the same time.

"I wanted to tell you but...I never got the chance to." You said.

Sherlock was silent for a moment as he registered this. "Yes you did." He said.

You sniffled and looked at him, "What?" You asked.

"You just told me. You got your chance to tell me." He said. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew that you'd never have the same feelings for me." You said.

"Well, you're wrong." He said.

Confusion spread across your face, "What do you mean?" You asked.

"Y/n, when I was gone the only thing on my mind was my mission and protecting the ones closest to me. The only one of them on my mind though, was you." Sherlock explained.

Your heart was racing a million miles an hour when you heard him say that. Your face brightened and a smile formed on your lips and on his.

"I love you, y/n." He said.

"I love you too." You said.

You wrapped your arms around Sherlock as both of your lips pressed against each other. You pulled away and looked at him. He was smiling still and you were too.

"Sherlock, if this is going to work, you're gonna have to promise me one thing." You said pointing a finger in his face.

"And what's that?" He asked.

"Don't ever leave me again." You said.

"I won't. I promise."