Last Chance-Sherlock

You pulled your light coat tighter around you as the wind blew harder. Your hair whipped around behind you and you knew it would be a mess by the time you would get to your destination. You didn't care though. You kept walking. You clutched the piece of paper in your hands even though you could have put it in your small purse. You rounded a corner and sighed in relief when you knew you were on the right street. You walked up to the door of the building you were going to enter and raised your fist to knock. Just before you hit the door, it flung open and a man nearly ran into you. He stopped before he did and you stepped back. You knew who this man was and he looked you up and down.

"John!  We have a client!"  He shouted to his flat mate.

The other man, John, came down and looked at you. He sighed and started back up the stairs again. The first man, whom you knew to be Sherlock Holmes, stepped aside and let you come in. And that was exactly what you did. You followed John to Sherlock's flat and sat down in the chair that they had set out for you.  They say down in their seats and Sherlock steepled his fingers under his chin.

"Run us through your story.  Don't be boring." Sherlock said.

"Uh, okay." You started.

Flashback~

You climbed out of the taxi and paid the cabbie. He nodded a 'thank you' and drove off. You smiled and turned around. You reached in your purse and pulled out the key to your flat. You slipped it in the lock and twisted it until you heard it click open. You put your keys away as you pushed the door open and stepped in. You set your things down and hi guys your coat up. Once you made it into the living room you flicked the lights on. Almost immediately after you felt something sharp in your shoulder and everything started to become blurry. You turned around and saw a man. But since your vision was blurry you couldn't make out a face. You fell back on the ground and everything went black.
When you woke up, you immediately recalled the events from the previous night. Your eyes widened and you scrambled to your feet. You felt a little dizzy but it quickly passed. You looked around to see if the man was still there but he wasn't. You sighed in a little bit of relief until you saw something. There was a piece of paper stuck to the wall with a knife. You pulled the knife out and opened the letter. Your heart was pounding hard as you read the words on the paper.

End of flashback~

You handed Sherlock the piece of paper and he read what it said. You tugged at the end of your coat sleeve pulling it down over your hands.

"And this is your case?" Sherlock asked.

"It's a death threat Mr. Holmes!" You said almost shouting.

"I understand that.  But this isn't worth my time." He said standing up.

You let out a laugh of disbelief, "So, you're just gonna let me get killed?!" You asked.

"Sherlock we can't just leave this alone." John said referring to your case.

"And why not?" He asked.

"Mr. Holmes you're my last chance." You said standing up.

You pulled your sleeve down again and Sherlock's eyes darted to your hands. He stared at them for a moment before taking in a sharp breath and turning around. He picked something up that you couldn't see.

"I'm sorry, but I'm quite busy." He said.

He turned around and threw the item towards you. You saw your purse being thrown to you and you extended your arms and caught it. You looked at the detective sadly and started to head for the door. You pulled your sleeves down again since they'd slid up a little when you caught your bag.

"You're suicidal." Sherlock stated.

You froze with your hand lingering just above the door handle. You turned around and met the man's eyes.

"How did you figure that out?" You asked.

"It was rather obvious. Throughout the whole time you were explaining your dilemma, you were constantly pulling the sleeves of your sweater down. Some people might think it's just a nervous habit but you bite your nails when your nervous.  And on your sweater are little red spots from one of the times you cut yourself, you out the sweater on but the blood wasn't completely dry so it stained the sweater. Also, when I threw your purse to you, your sleeve slipped up a bit and I saw the bandages. So, I figured out that you were suicidal.  Oh and also..." He walked over and reached inside your purse pulling something out. "You have a gun in your purse." He said.

"Who said I would end my life by shooting myself?" You asked him.

"No one. But that doesn't mean you won't." He said.

"You're right. I am suicidal. I don't have the best life, but maybe now I won't have to die by my own hand. Maybe this killer will end up doing it." You said snatching your death threat letter from his hand.

"Not this killer." Sherlock said.

"How do you know?" You questioned crossing your arms.

"Because, I'm going to take your case." He said.

You smiled and you stayed. Sherlock successfully protected you from the psycho that was going to kill you and you started to hang out around Baker Street more. You and Sherlock started dating and you never thought about taking your life again.

A/n: Hope you all enjoyed this imagine. I know that the end kind of seemed rushed but I couldn't think of a different way to end it, so...oh well. 😁