Protection (Part 4)-Sherlock

Sherlock had taken you to his flat. He'd practically just bought it so there were still boxes lying around everywhere. You sat in a comfy red chair that was placed across from the detectives black leather chair.

"My husband, Eddie, he was a good man. Well, for the first couple of years. We started getting low on money and I was pregnant with Cheryl, so he told me that he would find a job. He promised that he would have one before Cheryl was born. Months passed but he still didn't have a job. About a week before I went into labor, he came home smiling.  He told me he got a job but refused to tell me what job. I let it slide for a little bit. But I started to notice that he wasn't as sensitive anymore. He would yell at me and do some horrible things. I soon found out about what he was really doing but never told him I knew. I eventually told him I didn't want to stay so we got a divorce and I left, with Cheryl. I moved in to that house that you found me in and felt safe. Until yesterday."  You explained.

"What did your husband do?"  Sherlock asked.

"He worked for some psychopath and he would kill people. He's a murderer Sherlock and he doesn't even care if he kills people he loves. I'm scared that he's going to kill my daughter."  You said and started to cry a little.

"I promise that I won't let anything happen to Cheryl."  Sherlock said.

You smiled and wiped the tears from your face.

"Now, do you know where we might find Eddie?"  Sherlock asked.

You sniffed and nodded, "Yes. Come with me."  You said and walked out the door.

You hailed a cab and climbed in. You told the cabbie where to go and sat back. Once the cab stopped you got out and looked at the building before you.

"This was our 'secret place'.  We'd come here to get away from everyone and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it into his own hiding spot."  You explained.

"Shall we find out?"  Sherlock asked.

You nodded. Sherlock walked up to the door and tried the handle. It turned and opened. The two of you walked in and made your way through the building. You turned a corner and there stood Eddie with Cheryl behind him.

"Oh my goodness."  You breathed.

"Didn't think you'd figure it out so soon."  He taunted.

"For goodness sake, Eddie!  Let Cheryl go!"  You shouted.

"Mm. No."  He responded. "I see you brought company."  He said looking at Sherlock. 

Sherlock remained silent but glared at Eddie. If looks could kill, Eddie would be dead on the ground.

"Have you made your choice, y/n?"  Eddie asked.

You didn't say anything but looked between your daughter and Eddie.

"Yes."  You answered.

In one swift movement, you had whipped out your gun and shot Eddie. He fell back and landed on the ground as blood started to stain his shirt. Sherlock looked at you wide eyed but you shrugged. You rushed over to Cheryl who was crying.

"Shh.  It's okay baby.  Mommy's here."  You soothed wrapping your arms around her.

You turned around with Cheryl in your arms and saw Sherlock smiling at you.

"What?"  You asked.

"I admire you, y/n."  He said.

"How so?"  You asked as you began to walk out of the building.

"You would do anything for Cheryl. That is true bravery.  You make me feel different."  He added.

You smiled, "Is that a good thing?"

"Yes. Yes it is."  He said smiling.

"You make me feel different also."  You admitted.

"Is that a good thing?"  He questioned.

You laughed, "It's a very good thing."