Insecure-Greg

~Requested by GrandLeftAutumm ~

You knocked lightly on the door before just turning the handle and walking in. You came around the corner into the living room smiling, only to see your boyfriend scurrying about the room, getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?"  You asked, the smile dropping from your face.

Greg looked up at you and sighed, "Oh, I'm sorry love.  I've gotta go, it's an emergency."  He said.

"It's always an emergency."  You mumbled.

"I'll make up for it though.  I promise."  He said.

You smiled slightly, "Alright. But I'm holding you to that."  You said pointing a finger in his face.

Greg laughed and kissed your cheek before rushing back to get his things. You sighed as you heard the front door close and then turned around and walked out as well. You went back home and sat on your couch, grabbing the remote and seeing what was on. You picked a movie that you found and started watching.

"Guess I'll watch movies by myself."  You said to yourself.

Every time that you'd come over to Greg's house he'd be leaving for work. You felt as though he was too busy for you and was more focused on work than he was with you. All of these awful thoughts ran through your head until you thought of the worst one imaginable.  Maybe he didn't love you.  You shook it away immediately but it seemed to still linger in your head and it scared you. You tried to focus on the movie as much as possible but your thoughts were running wild. You soon gave up on the movie and just went to your bed. After a while, you fell asleep.
You woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. The thoughts from last night seemed to come right back to the front of your brain. You walked out and drove to Scotland Yard to see Greg. You walked in and went to his office but, once again, he was getting ready to go. You sighed frustratedly as he noticed you.

"Y/n! Hello." Greg said.

He walked over and pecked you on the lips. You smiled half heartedly.

"You're leaving again?" You asked.

"Uh, yeah. There's been a murder and I have to investigate." He said.

He looked at your face and could see something. Sadness.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Do you...love me?" You asked.

"What do you mean? Of course I love you." He said.

"Like really and truly love me?"

Greg stared at you and looked you in the eye, "Yes." He confirmed nodding.

You nodded also as he rushed out. You couldn't tell if he meant it or not and it was really starting to bug you. You really didn't believe him when he said 'yes' but you truly wanted to. You were feeling really insecure about your love life with Greg. You didn't know what to do, but after about a week you knew.

|One Week Later|

You walked down the street by yourself. Yes, Greg was still being busy with work which irritated you a lot. You felt your phone buzz in your pocket and you pulled it out. Greg had texted you.

'Can we meet up for dinner tonight? Six o'clock.'

You sighed and texted back. 'Sure. Where are we going?'

'It's a surprise. Dress up nice.'

You put your phone away and checked your watch. '3:49'. You had a while till the date. You decided to go home and think of how you'd tell Greg that you were going to break up with him.
The minutes felt like hours and the hours felt like days. You didn't have anything to do and you were really bored. You checked your watch and decided to get ready. You slipped on a knee length black dress. You went into the bathroom and put on fresh makeup and brushed your hair. You finished right as your doorbell rang. You opened the door and there stood Greg, all dressed up in his suit. You put on your best smile and followed him to the car. He took you to a fancy restaurant that you'd never been to before.

"Shall we go in?" He asked.

You nodded and linked arms with him. You were brought to a table and you each sat down. Greg ordered some wine and the waiter left.

"I see you finally got some time off." You pointed out.

Greg nodded, "I wanted to spend the evening with you." He said.

"Unlike all the other nights I wanted to spend with you." You mumbled under your breath so that he didn't hear anything.

"Are you okay?" Greg asked. "It seems as though you've been...distant lately." He said.

You sighed and looked down at the table. You took a deep breath and looked back up at him.

"Greg, I've been...thinking about our relationship and if we're going to continue with this, I-I want more in our relationship than just this." You said.

"I was thinking the same thing which is why I wanted to ask you something." Greg said.

You looked at him confused but what he did next answered your question completely. He got into one knee, opened a small box in his hands to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring. You gasped and covered your mouth.

"Will you, y/n y/l/n, be my wife?" He asked.

You couldn't get the words to come out of your mouth so you just nodded. You let tears fall down your cheeks as he slid the ring onto your finger. Greg stood back up and pulled you into a hug. You cried on his shoulder and he rubbed your back. You pulled away and then kissed him.
Your doubts had flown out the window and you were with the man you loved. Greg Lestrade made you feel happy and whole.

"So..." A familiar voice from next to you started. "When's the wedding?"

You looked up to see Sherlock Holme and Molly Hooper smiling at the both of you. You laughed and looked at Greg. Greg just shrugged and you looked back at the two of them.

"You'll have to wait till we figure it out." You answered.

Molly laughed but Sherlock looked as if he was thinking.

"Here we go." You sighed.

"Judging by both of your thought patterns and the month it is now I'd say you'll be going for somewhere in..." Him and Molly started to walk away as he came up with an answer, "...June."

You watched as they sat down at their table before turning back to Greg. "Note to self, pick any month but June."

Greg laughed, "Agreed. How about M-"

Greg was interrupted by both of your phones trilling an alert.

'Changed my answer. May.'

"That smart allec!" Greg said.

You laughed, "Whatever. No matter if he's right or wrong, we're going to get married and be together forever." You said. "I love you, Greg."

"I love you too, y/n."