#35 Your son is hit by a car

Liam and Luke -age 7
Lillie-age 1

Your POV

It was the middle of summer and it was the hottest day of the year. I was sat on a blanket on the grass with lillie on my lap playing with toys while niall was playing football with liam and luke.

Our Labrador puppy Max came over to me and lillie and lied down while Lillie stroked him. I watched niall and the twins playing football.

Liam and Luke were kicking the ball back and forth while niall went inside to talk to management. Lillie was still sat on my lap asleep. Liam had accident my kicked the ball out of the garden . I looked up as he began to run out of the garden. "LIAM!!!" I shouted while getting up. Just as I nearly caught up to him a car sped past and hit him. The driver didn't stop they kept going. "NIALL!!!" I shouted . I still had lillie in my arms so I gave her to Luke. "Luke go get your dad" I said while crying and he nodded running off into the house with lillie. I picked liam up and carried him into the garden and out of the road. Niall then ran out the house with a worried look on his face , Lillie in his arms and luke behind him. "Ring an ambulance!" I said crying. I checked to see if he had a pulse. "N..no..no..no ..I can't find his pulse" I said crying harder. Niall was also crying at this point.

The ambulance arrived 5 minutes later and they put liam in the back. "Only one of you may ride in the ambulance" the paramedic said. I looked at niall. "You go, I'll be following you in the car with these two" he said. I nodded and climbed into the ambulance. I kneeled down next to where liam was lied and held his hand. He had an oxygen mask on to help him breathe.

As soon as we all arrived at the hospital they took liam away. I tried to follow them but they didn't let me. "T..that's my baby..w..why can't I g..go?" I asked crying. "I'm sorry but you need to wait here why he has tests done" the doctor said and walked away. I hugged niall who was also crying. We sat down in the waiting room. Lillie sat on Niall's lap and luke sat on mine. "Mummy, is liam okay?" Luke asked sadly. "Y...yeah he's going to be fine" I said to reassure him even though I didn't know if that was true. Niall wrapped one of his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "He's a little fighter I'm sure he will be fine" niall said the sadness evident in his voice. Niall had already told our families and the boys. Our families lived in Ireland so they couldn't get here right now . The boys arrived and sat with us.

"What happened?" Harry asked since none of the boys knew what had happened to liam. "They were playing in the garden, I looked away for one second...looked up and liam had ran into the road to get the ball...and..t..then..he was hit by a car" I said between breaths. "Do you know who hit him?" Louis asked. Niall shook his head. "It was a hit and run" niall said looking down.

"Family of Liam Horan" the doctor said. I passed luke to harry and niall passed lillie to liam. We stood up and walked to the doctor . we followed him to his office and sat down opposite him. Niall grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb over the back of it. "Is he okay?" Niall asked. "Since liam is only young and small for his age the injuries have resulted in a coma but there is a 95% chance that he will wake up" he said and I burst into tears and niall started crying too. "W...what injuries has he got?" I asked. "He has broken his left arm and his right wrist, he has a fractured collar bone and many bruises on his legs" he said. "Will he be okay?" Niall asked. "Yes, he should wake up from the coma in a few weeks maybe months but after that he should be okay" he explained and I nodded. "When can we see him?" I asked. "Well he is still having tests done so once they are finished we will inform you and you can see him then" he said and we nodded and stood up. Niall and I went outside the room into the hallway. We started walking back towards the waiting room but I stopped and pulled niall back. I hugged him and buried my head in his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Do you think he will be o..okay?" I asked crying. "Yeah" he said his voice cracking. We walked back to the waiting room and sat down. "Is he okay? You both look like you've been crying and niall never cries" liam said. "H..he's in a coma, he's broken his left arm and his right wrist, he has a fractured collar bone and bruises on his legs" I said. "He's going to be alright though" he said. "The doctor said he will be okay" I said.

"All visitors for Liam Horan" the doctor said. We all stood up and went into his room. Niall and I sat either side of his bed and held his hands. "It breaks my heart seeing him like this" I whispered looking at him. It honestly did break my heart looking at my baby boy lied there connected to all those wires. "Whoever did this I'm going to make them pay for what they did to him" niall said.

3 weeks later

Luke and lillie were being looked after by louis and his wife while niall and I visited Liam. Some days one of the boys will look after the kids while we visit Liam but most of the time we would bring them with us. "I feel bad" niall said. "Why?" I asked. "Because , these past few weeks we've barely spent any time with luke and lillie, we've always been here and they have been with the boys" he explained. "I'm sure luke understands and we will be able to spend time with all 3 of them soon when liam wakes up" I said and he smiled.

I was still holdingbliams hand and niall was holding his other one. I suddenly felt my hand being squeezed. I looked over at niall and he looked back at me with a big grin on his face
"He's waking up!" He said. I pressed the button which would make a doctor come. We both stared at liam. He opened his eyes slowly. "Mum,dad?" Liam said his voice croaky."do you want some water?" Niall asked. Liam nodded and niall have him his bottle of water. Liam sat up in his bed. "Why am I in hospital?" He asked. "You were hit by a car" I said. "Ohh, that explains this" he said pointing to the blue cast on his arm. "Where's luke and lillie?" He asked. All 3 of our children were very close. Liam and luke were both very protective over lillie. "There with your uncle louis"niall said and he nodded. "Can I have some food?" Liam asked, "wait no a lot of food!" He added on. "Back to normal already" niall chuckled ruffling his hair. "I'll go get you nandos because hospital food isn't good" niall said and left.

After another week in hospital liam was finally discharged