Talking about having a baby

Niall and I are staying at Mauras for  a week. Niall and I have been together for 6 years, married for two of those years.

The doorbell rang and Niall ran to answer it. It was Greg, Denise and little Theo. "Theo!" Niall shouted lifting him up.

Maura and Denise were in the kitchen and Greg, Niall and Theo were in the living room. I was stood leaning against the doorframe as I watched Niall play with Theo. I imagined what it would be like to have kids with Niall. I imagined how he would act with his own baby.

I was pulled out of my trance by a tap in my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Maura. "Can Me and Denise talk to you for a second?" She asked. "Course" I said following her into the kitchen.
I leaned against the counter as they faced me.

"We saw the way you was looking at Niall with Theo and I was wondering, are you and Niall thinking about having  a baby together?" Maura asked. I shrugged. "We've never talked about it" I said slowly. "Do you want a baby?"Denise asked. "Yeah, but I don't want to pressure or ask Niall in case he isn't ready for a baby" I explained. "Trust me, he's my son! I know he's ready for a baby I'm sure he wants it just as much as you, you just need to talk to him" Maura told me. I smiled. "I'll try and talk to him about it" I said and they both smiled. "If you decide to have a baby, please give me a granddaughter" She said and Denise and I laughed

*****

I climbed into bed next to Niall. Denise,Greg and Theo had left a while ago and Maura was still downstairs watching to.
"Cuddle!" He whined like a child. I chuckled and leaned my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.
I listened to his heart beat for a while.
"Niall?" I said. "Hmm?" He asked. I sat up and looked at him biting my lip nervously. "Do you ever think about having children?" I asked slowly and quietly. He sat up and looked at me. "Yeah, I would love to have children one day! Why'd you ask?" He said. "Well I uh I really want a baby and earlier today Maura and Denise wanted to talk to me and they asked if we were thinking about children, I said we weren't and they asked if I wanted a baby and I told them yes but I didn't know if you did and Maura told me that she knows you're ready for a baby and that I should talk to you" I explained playing with my fingers nervously and looking at the bed sheets.
Niall put his finger under my chin and lifted my head so I was looking into my eyes. "I would love to have a baby with you" He whispered and began to kiss me. He moved his lips down to my neck. A quiet main escaped my lips and I felt him smirk.
I pushed his face away from my neck. "I thought you wanted a baby!?" He said. "I do but we aren't doing that now! We are in your mums house and she's here!" I told him. "Just wait till we get home" he mumbled lying down pulling me down with him and wrapping his arms around me.