Your toddlers pet fish dies

Niall's POV

Y/n was currently at work and I was looking after our three year old daughter Aaliyah.

*****

"Daddyyyyy " Aaliyah shouted running into the living room where I was sitting. "What's up princess?" I asked. "F..Fishy isn't moving!" She said quickly. Fishy is Aaliyah's pet god fish that she has in her bedroom.
"Lets go check on fishy then, okay?" I said and she nodded.

I walked upstairs into her bedroom with the three year old following. I stood in front of the medium sized fish tank and her pet fish had died.
"Aaliyah, fishy's died sweetheart" I told her. "Should we flush her down the toilet?" I asked and she nodded getting fishy out of the tank with her hands.
She took the fish into the bathroom and I followed her.
"Put fishy in the toilet" I said and she did, dropping fishy into the toilet.
She flushed it and watched her pet disappear down the toilet.

She looked up at me pouting, her large blue eyes filling with tears. She started to cry. "F..fishy!"she cried.
"Aww princess come here" I said bending down to her height and opening my arms. I hugged her and rubbed her back. "We can go and get you another goldfish if you like? Or a hamster" I told her.
"But I love fishy!" She said . "Fishy loves you too, but getting another pet might make you feel better" I told her.
"Can I get a fish and a hamster?" She asked and I nodded. "C'mon love, lets go" I said picking her up.

******

"What is your fish and your hamster called?" I asked sitting on Aaliyah's small bed as she looked at her new fish and new hamster.
"Umm... the fish is called fishy the second and the hamster is called Fluffy!" She said happily.