Your baby doesnt remeber him when he comes home

Niall went on tour 8 months ago. He went 2 months before Aaliyah's first birthday, but management let him come home for it, and then went back on tour and we haven't seen him in person since then which is 6 months. We always Skype but because of the time differences it's hard so Aaliyah is normally asleep when we talk.

"Aaliyah daddy's coming home today" I said. She smiled. "Daddy" she said cutely.

I picked her up and she sat on my lap. The door opened and Niall came in. I grinned at him and went to him with Aaliyah in my arms. He kissed me lips and hugged me being careful of Aaliyah. "Look daddy's back" I told Aaliyah who just started at Niall. "Hello baby girl" He said and took her from me. He placed her on his hip and she started crying. She didn't remember him. Niall passed her back to me and she calmed down and I placed her down on the floor so she could play.

I sat down next to Niall. "I'm so sorry Niall, I don't know why she doesn't remember you because I showed her photos everyday" I said rubbing his back. He looked at me. "It's okay" he said but I can see the heartbreak in his eyes. "She'll just take a while to warm up to you, I know she loves you" I said. "I know, it's just, it hurts , my own daughter doesn't remember me"  He said.
"Aaliyah who's this?" I asked her motioning to Niall. She looked at him for a while but then a massive grin came over her face as if she had just remembered who he is. "Daddy!" She shouted running to him. Niall grinned widely and picked her up placing her on his lap. "You do remember me" he mumbled and kissed her head which was full of brown hair.