Niall gives Liam a talk on how to treat girls

Niall's POV

"Daddy!!!!" My 5 year old daughter whined. "Can we go to Nando's for dinner?!" She added whining. "Yeah but I need to talk to your brother privately" I told her and she nodded running into the living room.

I walked upstairs into the bedroom of my 14 year old son Liam.
"Hey dad" He said taking his headphone off. He likes to listen to music whilst doing his homework.
I sat on the edge of his bed and faced him as he was sat at his desk.
"What's up?" He asked.

"Well son , you're 14 now, so obviously you're going to be interested in girls so I'm just gonna give you a talk on how to treat a girl" I told him. He instantly turned slightly red.

*****

"So if there is a girl you like or whatever, don't hide it, tell her and if you don't want to do that try subtle things to get close to her, like become friends first " I told him.

"Also, don't call women 'birds' it's not nice to refer to a girl as a caged animal or refer to her as being owned by you or  her being your personal servant. Also I don't care if you're on your own or with friends never whistle at a girl in the street, it is highly disrespectful" I told him. "Just treat them how you would wish to be treated, with respect" I said.

"Why is calling a girl 'your bird' not nice. People in school say it . They ask other people that are with girls 'oh is that your bird?" He asked. "Well would you like to be referred to as a cage animal. By saying bird it sounds like the woman is owned by the man" I explained and he nodded

"Have you ever called mum 'your bird'?" He asked.
"No, never. I've always referred to her as my girlfriend , my wife once we got married" I told him.

"What's it like getting married?" He asked.
"Well when I was stood at the alter waiting for your mum to turn up it is very nerve wracking, you start to overthink things, like if they are going leave you or say no" I said.
"But once she came, all my nerves went away and I knew she was the one for me and we would be together forever as cheesy as it sounds. After the wedding when it was the reception it was amazing, and when we had the first dance it felt like it was just us two in the room, that probably sounds cheesy too"I said recalling my wedding day.
"It's not cheesy dad" Liam said smiling. "I like hearing stories about you and mum" He said