Your childs best friend commits suicide

Your POV

Our 13 year old daughter Grace was at school and our one year old twins, Ethan and Aaliyah where staying at my parents' house for a few days.

I was sat on the sofa cuddled up to Niall and we where watching This is us.
"This brings back so many memories" Niall said. "What does, the film of being alone?" I asked. "Both, that tour was my favourite we've ever done, I had fun, you was allowed to come and on this tour I found out I would be a dad" he said and I smiled.

The door bell rang. Niall got up to answer it and came back into the room with Harry and Madeline behind him, but they where crying.
I stood up and hugged them both. "What's wrong?" I asked frantically. Niall hugged them both. They sat down on the other sofa. "We can't help if you don't tell us" Niall said.

"It's Darcy" Harry whispered, his voice cracking. Harry and Madeline had two children, twins, Darcy and Hunter, they are both 14. Darcy has always loved Niall, he's her favourite uncle, Grace and Darcy are always inseparable, despite Grace being a year younger they are still best friends.

"What happened to Darcy?" Niall asked worried. "She..she l.last night we found her at home..she had k...killed herself" Madeline sobbed. Niall and I immediately started and got up hugging them both. "She always seemed so happy" I cried.
We pulled away from the hug. "We need to go home for Hunter, but can you please tell Grace?" They asked tears still escaping their eyes. We nodded. "Does hunter know?" Asked Niall, his voice cracking. They shook their heads. "We are telling him when he gets home" the whispered and we nodded.

****

"Hi mum, hi dad" Grace said entering the house happy. Niall and I where still in the living room. "How was school princess?" Niall asked. "It was okay, just a bit boring because Darcy wasn't in" she said. I glanced at Niall, we needed to tell her. "Princess, come here" Niall said. Grace walked towards him and he told her to sit in his lap which she did.

"Well you know how Darcy wasn't in school" I began and she nodded. "Why wasn't she in? Has something happened?" She asked worried and Niall nodded a tear escaping his eye. "Why are you crying daddy? What's happened!?" She asked near enough crying herself. "Well earlier today Harry and Madeline came and told us the Darcy, she..she committed suicide last night" Niall explained sadly.

Grace burst out crying and Niall hugged her, me joining into the hug. "B..but..she..s..seemed..h.happy?" She said sadly.
"It's my fault!all those times she was acting weird! I ignored it! It's my fault!" She said getting up of Niall's lap and pacing around the room. Niall and I got up and hugged her so she wouldn't move. "Princess, don't blame yourself! It isn't your fault!" Niall said. "And if you ever need to talk about anything please don't be scared to come to us or anyone for that matter, if you're ever feeling down please talk to someone" I said .

I got this idea from 13 Reasons Why. I haven't watched it all, only two episodes but I know what happens