Interview after your first child is born

Aaliyah is now two weeks old. Today Niall and I have an interview together .

"Mum, will you be able to look after Aaliyah today?" Niall asked through the phone while holding Aaliyah.. We moved back to Mullingar not long before I gave birth to the baby.

"Can she?" I mouthed. Niall held up his finger and I could hear muffled talking from the phone. He glanced at me and nodded. "Okay, thank you , bye mum, love you" He said through the phone before ending the call and placing his phone in his back pocket.

"I told her that we would bring her in about an hour" He said sitting next to me with Aaliyah. We decided to watch tv for an hour since we was already dressed.

*****

"Thank you so much for looking after her" I thanked Maura handing Aaliyah to her. "It's fine love, I get to spend some time with my granddaughter" She said and we smiled. "Where are you both going for the interview?" She asked. "Dublin" I replied and she nodded. "We shouldn't be that long, I would say three hours at the most, but we will pick her up around 8 or 9" Niall told her and she nodded.

*****

"And now let's give a warm welcome to our next guests , Niall and y/n Horan!" James corden said. We smiled and waved at the crowd while walking to the seats hand in hand.

We hugged James and sat down on the sofa.

"So how's life?" James asked and the audience laughed. "Well I'm not dead yet, so it's going pretty well!" I said.

"You both recently had a baby" He said and we nodded. "So before I ask questions , tell us a bit about your baby" James said. "Well, her name is Aaliyah Grace Horan, she's two weeks old ,she was born on the 14th of September at 12:02am weighing 6lb 7oz" Niall explained smiling.

"So, this question is about your daughter and its for Niall" James said smirking to himself . "So Niall, when
Y/n went into labour , how did you react? Because I've seen a video of you and the boys being pranked in 2011, the prank was that a woman went into labour during an interview and I noticed that you stayed sat on the sofa in your own doing nothing while the other boys where helping" James said smirking.

I laughed and Niall looked down chuckling to himself.
"Well during that prank, the two things running through my head were 1, I have no idea what to do and 2, not my baby, not my problem" Niall answered.
"So, when y/n went into labour, did you help because it is your baby?" James asked chuckling.
"She went into labour at my birthday/family get together that my mum had organised me since it was my birthday. She was inside with my mum looking at my baby pictures and other things from when I was a baby and I was outside with the rest of my family. I was sat down talking to my dad ,my brother and my uncle and auntie and all of a sudden my mum comes rushing out of the house into the garden shouting 'Niall!Niall! Y/n's gone into labour! You're gonna have a baby! I'm gonna have a granddaughter! She's gonna have the same birthday as you!" Niall explained. "So then I run into the living room where they were with my mum and dad following me. I get into the living room I see y/n on the sofa, baby pictures on the floor. So i went and helped her up , helped her into the car and took her to the hospital, where I was verbally abused" He laughed. "And my mum and dad went to our house got the baby bag and brought that to us" He added.

"Verbally abused?" James asked laughing and I laughed while Niall nodded looking serious. "Yeah! She verbally abused me!" He said pointing to me. "It couldn't have been that bad, what did you say?" He asked me.
"I didn't verbally abuse him, he's lying, In the car I said 'Niall hurry the fuck up before your daughter is born in the backseat of your car!" I told him.

"Such a liar" Niall tsked. "I'll tell you some other things she said" He said.

"She started shouting at me saying 'Niall this is your fault! I hate you!' And there are worst ones such as 'Next time go fuck yourself' and 'I hate you so fucking much! You did this to me! This is your fault! I never wanted to get pregnant! It hurts to much! " Niall explained. James just laughed.
"There's more! She said 'it's not fair! Why do I have to give birth!" He added.
"Also do you know how I told you that she said she never wanted to get pregnant, it was a planned pregnancy, we wanted a baby" Niall said.
"It was all in the heat of the Moment , do you not realise how painful it was?" I asked laughing. "Yes, since you decided to break my hand when giving birth!" Niall retorted jokingly. "It hurt way more than breaking a bone!" I said.

"Also, y/b went into labour on your birthday but Aaliyah wasn't born on your birthday?" James asked Niall confused . "Well Aaliyah decided to take ages to deliver so ended up being born two minutes past twelve" Niall said.

****

"Anyway, how's are you both adapting to being parents, I've seen some pictures but not very many, and in most of them Niall has the baby" James asked. "Well that's because she is a major daddy's girl, and Niall don't deny it, if she crying for no reason she will only calm down once Niall holds her! " I explained and Niall blushed.

"Which one of you does she look like more or is a mix?" He asked. "Niall!" I said quickly and the audience laughed. "Sorry, she looks exactly like Niall!" I said more slower.

"How can you tell with her being so young?" James asked. "I just can and it's a lot easier since she's the female baby version of Niall, she eats so much its unreal" I said. "Who's features does she have?" James asked.
"She has Niall eyes, brown hair, lips , his pale skin and his personality and she has my nose and tiny feet" I said.
"Just look at her!" I said pointing to the picture of me, Niall and Aaliyah. In the photo I was in the hospital bed and Niall was sat next to me holding Aaliyah. "Wow! She does look like Niall!" He exclaimed.