Someone close to your child dies

Liam-14. Aaliyah-11 Grace-1

You are at work when you find out and you call Niall to tell him and he tells your child.

Niall's POV

I was in the living room playing with Grace, my youngest child. Y/n was at work and will be for the rest of the day. Liam and Aaliyah are upstairs in their bedrooms.

My phone rang so I answered it while keeping an eye on Grace.

N-Niall y-you

N-hey love
Y- hello Niall, I need you to tell Aaliyah something
N-okay, what do I need to tell her
Y-well you know Lillie?
N-yeah her best friend, what's happened?
Y- well her parents called me not long ago and told me that she passed away last night due to a tumour that was unnoticed
N- I would hate to feel what her parents are feeling, ill tell her now, bye y/n, Love you
Y-bye Niall, love you too

Lillie was Aaliyah's best friend. They had been friends since they started nursery when they where 3, they were inseparable. I picked Grace up and went into Liam's bedroom.
"Hey dad" he said when I went in
"Hello son, I need you to watch Grace for a while why I tell your sister something" I told him placing Grace on his lap. He stopped playing his game. "Okay, how long do I need to watch her for?" He asked. "I don't know because I need to tell Aaliyah that her best friend Lillie passed away" I told him quietly so Aaliyah wouldn't hear. Liam's eyes widened. "You can stay with Aaliyah as long as you want, Grace will be fine with me" he told me . I smiled slightly. He always looks out for his sisters.

I walked in to Aaliyah's bedroom. She was lied on the bed reading a book. She smiled at me. I sat down on the edge of the bed next to her. "Hello" she said sitting next to me and resting her head on my shoulder. "Hey princess, I have some news for you" I told her.
"What is it?" She asked.

"Well you know how Lillie hasn't been feeling very well for a few weeks" I told her. "Yeah" she said slowly. "Well today your mum had a phone call from her parents, Lillie passed away last night because of a tumour that was unnoticed " I explained.

I glanced at Aaliyah, she was staring at the floor. I stood up and pulled her up on to her feet. I wrapped my arms around her, and she did the same with me. She buried her head in my chest.
"Princess, it's okay to cry, I do sometimes, just don't keep your emotions to yourself" I told her and I heard her sob.
"C..can we go t..to her f..funeral?" She asked looking up at me. I looked down at my daughter, her blue eyes where filled with tears, her eyes and heels bright red. I nodded pulling her into my arms again. "If you ever need to talk to someone don't be afraid to come come to me, I love you princess" I told her. "I love you too daddy" she cried.