skyping him while he's on tour

Ethan is 10 and Aaliyah is 1

Your pov

"DADDA!"  Aaliyah cried. I swayed side to side to try and get her to calm down. Ethan was playing Niall's guitar, we are getting Ethan one for his birthday .
"I want dadda" Aaliyah whimpered pouting and still crying.
"Aww, does my little baby miss dadda?" I asked and she nodded.
I got the laptop and placed it on the coffee table in front of the couch. "Ethan we are gonna Skype your dad" i said and Ethan perked up. He put the guitar down and sat next to me. Aaliyah was on my lap and I clicked ring.

Aaliyah was in my lap still crying. Niall answered and his face popped up on the screen. "Hello!" He said cheerily. "Hi dad!" Ethan said. "I've been practicing guitar while you've been away I'm getting good at it!" Ethan said and Niall smiled proudly.  "Really? Can you play any songs?" He asked. "Umm, wonder wall,  the a team and one thing" Ethan replied. "That's great! N what's wrong with my little princess?" Niall asked looking at Aaliyah who was sill crying on my lap. "She misses you" I told him and niall frowned. "I miss all of you too" he said. Aaliyah turned her head towards the computer screen. "Dadda?" She said.  "Yeah sweetie, its dadda" I told her and she pouted.  "Dadda!" She said touching the screen.

*******

I had put Ethan and Aaliyah to bed but I was still skyping Niall. "How longs left of the tour?" I asked. Niall had been on tour for 7 months and he had only had a few breaks so he's missed quite alot of Aaliyah's life.  "3 months but we have a break in 2 weeks" he said. "Really?"I asked and he nodded. I smiled. "What did you do for Aaliyah's birthday?" He asked. "We had a little family get together, my family was here, your family was here" I said and he nodded. "I can't believe that in the past 7 months I've only seen the kids for 2 weeks, ive missed Ethan learning guitar, ive missed Aaliyah's first word, luckily I've not missed her first steps" he said running his hand through his hair. "What was her first word anyway?" He asked since I didn't tell him. "it was dadda" I told him. "Really?" He asked and I nodded making him grin. "So how's my boy been?" He asked. "He's been fine, he's worried about his year 6 tests but I've been helping him revise" I said and he nodded. "im sure he'll do great " Niall said and I nodded. "At parents evening last week his teachers said that he was one of the brightest pupils in the class" I told him.