Miscarriage

Niall's mum, Maura, was coming over to look after our 4 year old daughter ,Aaliyah ,while me and Niall go to an ultrasound. We recently found out that we are having another baby girl, but for the past few days I've had some weird pains that come and go.

We where currently sat in the living room waiting for Maura to arrive. Aaliyah was sat on Niall's lap while he was on his phone on twitter. I was sat next to Niall resting my head on his shoulder as I was playing games on my phone. "Mummy?" Aaliyah asked. "What baby?" I asked. "Are you and daddy going to see my baby sister today?" She asked. "Yeah we are" I told her. "How can you see her if she's in your tummy?" She asked making Niall chuckle slightly. "Well they put some jelly on mummy's tummy and move the magic stick around in her tummy and the baby shows up on the screen" Niall explained in a way she would understand. We heard the front door open and Maura appeared in the doorway. "GRANDMA!" Aaliyah shouted as she got of Nialls lap and ran to Maura. We stood up and walked over to her hugging her.
"So why do you need an emergency scan?" Maura asked since we didn't tell her why. "Well for the past week or so I've been getting these strange pains that come and go, and I never had them when I was pregnant with Aaliyah so we just want to be safe and get them checked out" I explained and she nodded. "When I was pregnant with Greg, and when I was pregnant with Niall I got weird pains not long after I found out the gender, in sure you and the baby are fine" She reassured and I smiled. Aaliyah hugged me and I hugged her back. Niall bent down to Aaliyah's height and hugged her. "Promise me you'll be good for your grandma?" Niall said holding out his pinky. "Pinky promise!" She said wrapping her pinkie around Nialls .

******

"I am sorry to tell you but you have suffered a miscarriage, I will leave you alone for a few minutes" the doctor said leaving the room.
A tear ran down my cheek and a sob escaped my lips. Niall sat next to me on the bed and wrapped his arms around me. I glanced at him, he was crying too.

***

We climbed out of the car in silence, both of us had tears still running down our faces. I opened the door and walked into our house. I went straight upstairs and Niall went into the living room where Aaliyah and his mum was

Niall's POV

I still had tears streaming down my face. Y/n went straight upstairs and I went into the living room where Aaliyah and my mum is.
I walked in and my mum noticed me. She saw my tear stained face and stood up rushing towards me. "Oh baby, what's wrong?" She asked even though I think she knew what was wrong. She led me to the sofa and I sat down next to her as she rubbed my back. "Daddy? Why are you crying?" Aaliyah asked . "Aaliyah daddy will tell you why he's upset later, just go to your bedroom okay?" My mum said and Aaliyah listened and went to her bedroom.

"S..she's g..g..gone" I cried. "Y/n had a m..miscarriage" I sobbed as my mum hugged me.
After an hour I had calmed down but I was still upset and my mum was still here.
"How is she going to get the baby out?" My mum asked since y/n was actually 6 months pregnant. "She has to give birth to her, so she will be induced next well and the doctors said once the baby has been delivered we can hold her and organise a funeral for her" I explained.

****

It was now 6pm. I had calmed down and wasn't crying anymore. I was still very upset but I need to stay strong for y/n and we need to focus on looking after Aaliyah.
"Aaliyah?" I called upstairs, since y/n had fallen asleep a while ago.
I heard the noise of little feet running down the stairs.
"Daddy do you feel better now?" She asked hugging my legs . I picked her up as took her into the living room, sitting on the sofa with her in my lap with her head on my chest.
"Di you want me to tell you why me and mummy were upset before?" I asked her and she nodded.
"I don't like seeing mummy and daddy upset, it makes me sad" she said and my heart swelled at her words.

"Well do you know how we said you was going to have a baby sister?" I asked getting upset a little at the word 'baby'. She nodded. "Well we aren't going to meet her or bring her home because she has gone to heaven" I explained so she would understand. She pouted sadly. "Is she happy?" She asked and I nodded. "She in heaven so is she with Lucky? Because he went to heaven?" She asked. Lucky was our pet dog the died last year. "Yeah she's with Lucky" I said sadly.
Aaliyah stood up on my lap and wrapped her tiny hands around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her small body hugging her. "Don't be sad daddy, I don't like seeing you sad"Aaliyah said. "I'll try my best" I whispered kissing her cheek.