Single father and one of the kids is seroiusly ill

In this imagine you died from giving birth to your youngest child. So in this imagine Niall is a single father to  13 year old Ethan, 4 year old Aaliyah and 5 month old Grace.

Niall's POV

My dad was at my house looking after Ethan and Aaliyah while I was at the hospital with Grace. My mum was with me for support.

Grace was born prematurely which meant that some of her organs weren't developed properly, such as her lungs and kidneys. She also has less white blood cells which means her body can't fight off infections as they should, this has resulted in her getting an extreme case of pneumonia and because her lungs aren't developed properly she has got lung disease.

Y/n died during birth, the doctors didn't know exactly why but they said it was because her body couldn't handle the baby leaving her body so early.
Grace has been in hospital 4 months.
Before I took her home they checked her and said she was perfectly healthy. A month later I realised that she wasn't as healthy as I thought she was, she would constantly cough through the night and when she had a light fever it took a few days to go away and that's when I knew something was wrong.

I feel bad for my son and my other daughter because I don't get to spend a lot of time with them because I'm always at the hospital. Ethan's 13 and I don't get the chance to have the father to son talks we used to have , I don't have enough time to give him advice on things and I don't have the time to play with Aaliyah and give her the attention a little girl needs.

My mum and I sat either side of the incubator and looked through the plastic and saw my baby fighting for her life. She was so small, you wouldn't think she is 5 months old, she looks like she's only a week old.

I had partnered with comic relief to raise money for other less fortunate people who have premature babies with life threatening problems.

*****

"I'm here at a private hospital in my home town, I'm here with my 5 month old daughter" I said to the camera as I walked through the halls to where Grace is.

I sat down next to the incubator and put my hand through the hold and held her hand. They filmed her as I did this. The camera went back onto me with the incubator in the background.
"Grace was born 3 months early which meant some of her vital organs such as her lungs and kidneys hadn't developed properly. Because of her being born way too early it meant that she also has white blood cell deficiency, which means she doesn't have enough white blood cells so she has a weak immune system . This has led to her getting an extreme case of pneumonia and developing lung disease" I said to the camera a tear escaping my eye as I thought about it.

"After she was born, she was in hospital for a week, the doctors checked her over and told me that she was perfectly healthy so I took her home. But I started to realise something g was wrong when she was around 3 weeks old. She would constantly cough during the night or when she was sleeping and she once had a light fever which took a week to go away. About 2 or 3 days after she started constantly coughing I rushed her here and that's when I found out about all of her problems" I explained crying .

"They did tests and told me that she had undeveloped lungs and kidneys , she had white blood cell deficiency , lung disease and an extreme case of pneumonia. They told me that it would cost a lot of money for her treatment but I don't care because I had the money but I know some people don't have the money to give their premature babies the vital treatment they need and that's why I have paired with comic relief to raise money for all those parents that can't afford to pay for their babies treatments. Because I know how horrible it is sitting here watching your own baby suffer and fight for their life and you know that you can't do anything to help them" I said. "To give £5 or £10 just text the amount you want to give to 122016" I added.

"It's horrible when you have to sit here and watch your baby suffer but it's also horrible when you have other children that are also suffering because of what's happening to that baby. I have two other children, a 13 year old son named Ethan and a 4 year old daughter named Aaliyah. Because I am in hospital all the time they either have to stay with my mum , dad or brother because their mum died giving birth to Grace" I said a tear escaping my eye.

"I can't give Ethan the father son bond he needs, I can't give him advice on things or take him to football games or just have long conversations with him because I'm always here, he does come here often but he will always ask how Grace is doing. I know that he wants that father son bond back to how it was but he doesn't care because he is a kind hearted young man that always puts family before himself" I explained.

"I don't get to spend much time with Aaliyah either. I don't have the time to play dress up with her or give her the attention a 4 year old girl needs, because I'm always here and I need to be here all the time because I could lose Grace at any moment and both Ethan and Aaliyah accept that which I love. They don't care that they don't get to spend as much time with me they just care about their baby sister, they want her home happy and healthy as much as I do" I said