You argue and scare your children

Niall and I have three children together, 12 year old Liam, 4 year old Aaliyah and 1 month old Grace.

For the past two weeks Niall has been coming home late at night drunk. He would go to the studio with the boys in the morning and go out afterwards.
He hasn't even spent time with the kids, he's barely seen Grace since she was born.

Tonight I decided to wait up for him. The kids were already asleep. Liam was sleeping in his room, Aaliyah was sleeping in her room and Grace was sleeping in her Moses basket in Mine and Niall's room.

******

I heard the door open and Niall stumbled into the room.
I stood up and walked towards him, stopping in front of him.
"What the hell Niall! You've been coming home drunk every night for the past two weeks!" I said angrily.
"So! You don't control my life! I can do what I want!" He yelled.
"Niall you have 3 kids! That you have barely seen or talked to for the past two weeks! We have a newborn who you haven't even bothered to help me take care of!" I shouted.
"I have a life you know!" He shouted angrily backing me into a wall.
"You could at least help me! Don't you realise how hard it is looking after 3 kids! Especially with two of them being under 5!" I yelled my voice cracking slightly, scared of what he is capable of when he's drunk.

He pushed me back and my head hit the wall. He came closer putting his hands either side of my head so I couldn't move.
"Don't ever tell me what I can't do! You worthless bitch!" He spat angrily.

I pushed him back slightly, he stumbled a bit. "Niall! You need to realise that you have children that need you!" I yelled. He pushed me back into the wall, my head and back hitting it once more.
"Shut up you worthless whore! They're probably not even my kids anyway!" He shouted in my face.

"Dad! Get away from her!" Liam shouted pushing Niall away from me.
"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. I looked towards the doorway and saw Aaliyah clutching her teddy bear and silently crying.
"Stay away from her!" I said as Niall started to walk to Aaliyah. He had sobered up now. Aaliyah looked at Niall, scared of what he might do because of what he did to me.
"Come here princess" Niall said.
Aaliyah shook her head vigorously and ran to me and Liam. Niall shook his head and looked down sadly. He left the house.

******

It was now 12pm the next day, Niall hasn't come back and I was getting quite worried.
I decided to text Maura.

M-Maura y-you

Y-Is Niall at your house? X
M- Yeah, he came last night saying that he had an argument with you x
Y- we did, ill explain later but is it okay if me and the kids come over so I can talk to him? X
M-Of course x

******

I knocked on the door, Liam and Aaliyah either side of me and o was cradling Grace to my chest. Maura opened the door and invited us In. She took Grace from me and Aaliyah and Liam went into the kitchen to find some cookies.
"So what happened?" Maura asked sitting next to me with Grace in her arms.
"Well for the past two weeks he kept coming home late at night drunk and then going to the studio in the morning and going out straight after. Last night I decided to stay awake and wait for him. We argued and I was telling him how it's hard to look after 3 kids on my own, especially with one of them being a newborn. He pushed me into the wall twice and I hit my head both times and he called me a whore saying that the kids probably aren't his, Liam came down and pushed Niall of me and Aaliyah saw what Niall did, she was terrified of him, I was too" I explained .

She looked angry once I told her Niall pushed me. "I'm gonna go and talk to him" I said and she nodded.

I walked upstairs into Niall's childhood bedroom.
I saw him sat up on his bed crying.
He turned his head and looked at me.
I sat next to him on the bed. "I'm sorry y/n! I'm so fucking sorry!" He cried.
"I am too Niall, but you can't keep getting drunk, you have basically missed half of Graces life" I said. "What have you don't to your head?" He asked noticing the lump on my head which was from him.
I gulped. "Please tell me" he pleaded.
"You pushed me into the wall twice" I whispered.
He stood up and paced around the room. "Agh! In an idiot. I'm gonna lose you and the kids now" he said tugging on his hair.
"Niall calm down! You haven't lost us! I came here to sort things out for us! But just please don't do it again " I said.

Niall walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, I wrapped mine around his neck and buried my head in his chest. "I'm so sorry, I promise I'll be a better husband and a better dad!" He said into my hair. "Niall, you are a great husband and amazing dad, this was just a slip up that won't happen again" I said. "But I hit you! I hit you y/n!" He said. "That's in the past so let's focus on the future and our 3 beautiful children!" I said and he nodded smiling leaning down to peck my lips. "Now c'mon lets go downstairs to the kids and your mum" I said.

****

He walked into the kitchen where Liam and Aaliyah was.
He smiled at his two children.
He walked up to Liam. "I'm so sorry about what happened last night, and I can't stand the fact that you hate me but I don't blame you for thinking that way, you stood up for your mum and I admire that" Niall said to Liam. "I don't hate you dad" Liam said. "You don't?" Niall's sled and Liam nodded. "What you did was wrong but I know it won't happen again" Liam said and hugged Niall.

"Aaliyah, I'm sorry about what I did to mummy last night" he said bending down in front of Aaliyah . "It's okay daddy, I love you!" She said hugging Niall. Niall smiled. "I love you too princess" he said.

*****

He came into the living room and took Grace  from Mauras arms. He smiled down at his newborn daughter. "I can't believe I didn't pay any attention to the beautiful family I have"Niall said.