Toddlers pet fish dies part two

Your POV

It was now 4pm and work as letting me go home early because I finished all my paperwork and meeting early.

****

I opened the door to the house and walked in. I looked through the living room door and saw Aaliyah sleeping on the sofa but Niall wasn't there.

"Niall?" I said loudly. "I'm in Aaliyah's room!" He replied. I put my bag down and took my coat and shoes off and walked upstairs to Aaliyah's room. I saw Niall leaning down looking at the fish tank and ..a hamster cage.

"What the hell? Why is there a hamster cage!?" I asked getting quite angry.
"Aaliyah's fish died" Niall replied. "So you could have just night a new fish for her! Not a hamster! Niall she's 3 she can't look after a hamster and your certainly not going to look after it!" I shouted.
"I've taught her how to look after it y/n! And I don't have to tell you everything I buy her!" He yelled back.
"I know you don't! But you should tell me when you buy a live animal!" I shouted. "She was upset about her fish dying!" He yelled. "You could have just got her a new fish! Not a hamster as well!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes. "Sorry for trying to make her happy!" He shouted.
"You could have asked me first! They smell and have to be cleaned out a lot and Aaliyah won't be able to do that she's 3!" I shouted.

"Mummy! Daddy! Don't shout" Aaliyah whispered rubbing her eyes standing at the door. I turned around and looked at her. She walked towards the hamster cage and fish tank.
"This is fishy the second and this is Fluffy!" She said with a massive grin on her face. My face softened. She kept looking at the fish as hamster and I felt Niall move beside me and wrap his arm around my waist.

"See, it's made her happy, I just thought I would get her a hamster because she can hold it and interact with it, I just wanted to get her another pet because her fish died earlier today and she was crying quite a lot" Niall explained. "It's okay, sorry for shouting at you, I didn't realise how upset she was about her fish , it's just that I don't really want to have to look after it on my own because having two dogs is already enough work" I explained leaning my head on his shoulder as we watched our daughter admire her hamster.
"It's fine, I understand where you was coming from but I'll help you look after Fluffy and I've told Aaliyah how to change her food and water" he said.