To Diagon Alley: Year 1/Summer

Amisty watched from her camp as Harry and the rest of his family drove off to the middle of nowhere, he had told her yesterday that he had been bombarded with letters from Hogwarts and that his aunt and uncle wouldn't let him read any.

"Must have a thing against magic," Amisty had scowled when he told her that piece of information.

"Oh Harry, what are you going to do?" Amisty sighed, gazing over at where the car had vanished from her view.

She was pondering over the letter sent from the supposed Hogwarts, having a hard time believing the idea that she was a witch.

Over the past few weeks, she had been reading the letter over and over again, trying to find any trace of it being a pathetic joke.

"How am I a witch? To me that just sounds like a very rude thing to say to anyone," She muttered quietly after reading it once more.

'But you know it's true,' A voice inside her head nagged.

"So many strange things happened after I met Harry," She shook her head, going over the events of the past week. "First the letter from Hogwarts, next things happening when my mood gets the better of me, and now Harry moving to the middle of nowhere, trying to stop getting magical letters from a magic school."

"I don't even have money to get to the train station!" She looked up to the sky, falling onto her back and staring up at the clouds.

Suddenly, Amisty jolted to her feet at a loud shriek.

'Owl,' she thought to herself before a grey and white speckled owl flew down and landed on the grass, another slip of parchment tied to its leg.

"Thank you," Amisty stroked the owl on the head, giving it a small piece of the bread Harry had given her before he had left with his family.

The owl hooted contently, then allowing Amisty to untie the parchment from its leg.

"Bye," Amisty called as the owl took off, soaring through the sky,

'Away to Hogwarts, probably,' She thought after spotting the tell-tale logo on the cover. Amisty opened the letter, it read

'Dear Ms.River,

Sealed inside this letter is several bills of muggle money for the train station and supplies. We hope to you at Hogwarts soon,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress'

"Well that's awfully convenient," Amisty muttered halfheartedly, shaking out the money from the sealed envelope. "They give me money for a train ticket, and school supplies, but no money for any food for the whole time I've been an orphan." She growled, picking up the crisp bills from the ground.

"At least I have a way to get there," She sighed, trying to be optimistic and failing miserably.

Her only form of transportation was walking and the occasional car when someone was feeling nice.

Which wasn't very often.

"How do I even get to Diagon Alley!" She exclaimed, quite louder than what was deemed polite this late in the afternoon.

The noise earned her some funny looks from several people returning home from work.

Amisty sighed sadly and plopped back down onto the cardboard box that served as a chair.

The sky was beginning to darken, a mixture of deep reds and oranges bleeding across the sky.

She was preparing to go to bed on a makeshift mattress, an old rubbish bag, spread flat, filled with dead leaves and grass.