Hagrid's Visit: Year 3

There was no way anyone could go back to sleep that night.

It was so tense in the Gryffindor common room you could cut through the air with a knife. They all knew what was happening outside. The castle was being scoured for Sirius Black yet again.

By the next morning, it was obvious that all the teachers were told to amp up the security in the castle.

Professor Flitwick was teaching the front doors to recognize Black, Filch was running up and down the halls with a hammer, nails, and wooden boards to cover up any and all holes in the walls.

Ron had become instantly famous, telling his story and basking in the glory whenever he got the chance. Amisty thought he enjoyed it far more than he let on.

For once he was the one who got the attention, not Harry. She didn't blame him, but it was still a pretty amusing thing to be a witness of.

"...I was asleep, and I heard this ripping noise, and I thought it was in my dream, you know? But then there was this draft... I woke up and one side of the hangings on my bed had been pulled down... I rolled over... and I saw him standing over me... like a skeleton, with loads of filthy hair... holding this great long knife, must've been twelve inches... and he looked at me, and I looked at him, and then I yelled, and he scampered," Was one of his many versions of the story.

Once the group of second-year girls raced away, all with wide scared eyes and gaping mouths, Ron turned to Amisty and Harry.

"Why, though? Why did he run?

"He must've known he'd have a job getting back out of the castle once you'd yelled and woken up. He'd've had to kill the whole House to get back through the portrait hole... and he would've met the teachers..." Harry had replied.

Sir Cadogan was fired, once again being replaced by the Fat Lady.

Unfortunately, she would only get back to work if she had extra protection. That meant the entrance to Gryffindor Tower was guarded by a group of smelly, massive security trolls who only spoke in grunts and would be seen comparing their clubs when they weren't laughing at Neville.

The poor boy had been forbidden to learn any of the passwords. No one was allowed to tell him, and he had to wait outside until someone came around to open the door for him.

Not only that, he was banned from any future Hogsmeade trips and went through a detention as well. And it didn't even stop there. His grandmother had sent a Howler two days after Black broke in.

"Run for it, Neville," Ron muttered once he saw the letter.

Neville didn't waste any time, racing out of the Great Hall with the Slytherin's cackling after him. It went off in the entrance hall, his grandmother's high, shrill voice shrieking about how he had brought shame to the family name.

Harry had gotten a letter as well, the familiar scrawl of Hagrid on the outside.

"Ouch!" Harry exclaimed, rubbing his wrist where Hedwig had nipped him. "Oh -- thanks, Hedwig."

Amisty leaned over his shoulder to read the letter, catching her name toward the addressment.

Dear Harry, Ron, and Amisty,

How about having tea with me this afternoon 'round six? I'll come and collect you from the castle. WAIT FOR ME IN THE ENTRANCE HALL; YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED OUT ON YOUR OWN.

Cheers, Hagrid

"He probably wants to hear all about Black!" Ron exclaimed brightly, blue eyes glowing. Amisty resisted the urge to roll her eyes.