Ginny Knows: Year 4/Summer

When they reached the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley looked far from happy. She was waving her wand around, preparing diner, very violently.

"We're eating out in the garden. There's just not room for eleven people in here. Could you take the plates outside, Hermione, Ginny? Bill and Charlie are setting up the tables. Amisty, if you could get the napkins," She nodded toward the raven-haired girl and then looked over at the boys. "Knives and forks, please, you two."

She pointed her wand at a pile of potatoes, which shot out of their skins and went bouncing around the kitchen.

"Oh for heaven's sake," She groaned, moving the dustpan so it scooped up the potatoes. "Those two! I don't know what's going to happen to them, I really don't. No ambition, unless you count making as much trouble as they possibly can..." She slammed a pot down on the table and Amisty watched as a fountain of sauce spilled into it from the tip of Mrs. Weasley's wand. "It's not as though they haven't got brains, but they're wasting them, and unless they pull themselves together soon, they'll be in real trouble. I've had more owls from Hogwarts about them than the rest put together. If they carry on the way they're going, they'll end up in front of the Improper Use of Magic Office."

Amisty took this as her cue to leave, and she crept quietly around to where the napkins were and sneaked out of the kitchen.

Of course, Mrs. Weasley's voice followed her, though faint, as she walked outside.

"I don't know where we went wrong with them. It's been the same for years, one thing after another, and they won't listen to -- OH NOT AGAIN!"

Amisty jumped at the sudden volume, barely catching herself in time before she dropped the clean linen on the dirty ground.

"One of their fake wands again! How many times have I told them not to leave them lying around?"

A few moments later, Ron and Harry left the kitchen, both carrying handfuls of silverware.

As she turned the corner, she almost dropped the napkins, again, as a loud bang erupted from behind the house.

Staring up, she watched in horror and amazement as Charlie and Bill fought with two worn tables, smashing them against each other in what she assumed was an attempt to knock the legs off.

Fred and George were already out there, cheering them on, as Ginny laughed and Hermione looked torn off to the side. With a pleading glance at Hermione, the brunette waved her wand with a small smile and crashing noises were muffled instantly.

There was another bang, and Charlie's table lost a leg, and then Percy's window burst open.

"Will you keep it down?!" He shouted furiously, looking very pink in the face.

"Sorry, Perce. How're the cauldron bottoms coming on?" Bill grinned, not looking very apologetic at all.

"Very badly," Percy replied snappishly, slamming the window shut once more.

Bill and Charlie, both laughing, finally dropped the tables down and Bill replaced the table and conjured tablecloths easily.

Amisty's jaw was practically on the ground at the easy showcase of magic.

By seven o'clock, they were all gathered around the two tables, covered with food and drinks and heaven.

Amisty ate as much as she could, beaming the whole time and probably would've choked if it hadn't been for Hermione constantly handing her a glass of water or juice.

"I've told Mr. Crouch that I'll have it ready by Tuesday," Percy was talking to Mr. Weasley about his job. "That's a bit sooner than he expected it, but I like to keep on top of things. I think he'll be grateful I've done it in good time, I mean, it's extremely busy in our department just now, what with all the arrangements for the World Cup. We're just not getting the support we need from the Department of Magical Games and Sports. Ludo Bagman -- "