Mudblood: Year 2

With her hand covering her mouth, Amisty muffled her snickers and slid underneath her desk.

Thankfully the Professor Lockhart's attention was directed on Seamus, who had snorted in laughter, and not her.

Harry ducked down, grinning down at her.

She waved weakly, trying to ignore the disapproving look Hermione was giving her.

"You alright?" He whispered, his own laughter raising his voice a few notes as he strained to keep it at bay.

"Yeah... is the coast clear?" She asked, not being able to see the Professor through her desk.

Harry glanced up, "You're good, be quick about it, though."

She took a deep breath to compose herself before slipping back into her seat, digging her teeth into her cheek to keep from cracking a smile.

Ron was fighting down a smile, shooting her an amused look as she flipped open her textbook.

"Yes?" Professor Lockhart asked Seamus, his smile was as bright as if he had taken down the sun.

"Well, they're not -- they're not very -- dangerous, are they?" Seamus replied, stumbling over his words as he laughed.

"Don't be so sure! Devilish tricky little blighters they can be!" The Professor warned, shaking his finger at the sandy-haired boy.

Amisty gave a good look at the cage, not believing for a second that what he was saying was true. The pixies were bright blue and a little shorter than a foot, their chattering voices so high Amisty cringed once she payed attention to it.

They were shaking the bars violently, pulling faces at everyone in the front row.

"Right, then. Let's see what you make of them!" Lockhart grinned, unlatching the cage and setting them free.

Amisty leaped backwards, shocked at the sheer nerve of the teacher. Pixies shot out of the cage, flying around the classroom and causing chaos within seconds. Neville was already hanging from two of their grasps, his feet dangling over the air. More shattered the back window, sending shards of glass all over everyone in the back row.

Including Amisty and her friends.

She threw her hands above her head, shielding it from the pieces. Books were torn, ink splattered, pictures ripped from the walls, bags gone flying through the window.

She dived under the table, dragging Hermione along with her as Ron and Harry followed her actions.

"Come on now -- round them up, round them up, they're only pixies!" Lockhart exclaimed, pulling up his sleeves and withdrawing his wand. "Peskipiksi Pesternomi!"

Nothing happened.

One daring pixie snatched the wand right out of his hand and threw it out the window. With his blue eyes suddenly pale with fear he flew under his desk as well.

Neville crashed to the floor soon after, the iron chandelier finally giving way. Once the transition bell rang everyone raced toward the exit, Amisty, Hermione, Harry, and Ron being the last to reach the door.

Lockhart was just getting to his feet when he spotted them.

"Well, I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage," He bustled past them, closing the door with a click.

Amisty's jaw was on the floor as she stared after him, a flame of anger in her stomach.

"Can you believe him?" Ron shouted, cradling his ear as one of the pixies bit it rather harshly.