Another Year Gone: Year 2

Amisty was sitting in the train compartment with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny.

She was absentmindedly stroking Echo through her cage was she watched Ron and Fred verse each other in Exploding Snap.

There was a clatter as Harry sent Hermione's wand flying across the compartment with a disarming spell.

He was getting very good at it.

After a few more minutes, she excused herself, feeling rather trapped in the crowded room. The corridors of the train were rather empty, only a few students walking in groups throughout.

They didn't pay her much attention other than a few smiles and waves.

It was relatively quiet as well, with the conversations inside the surrounding compartments being muffled by the closed doors.

"Wandering around the train, I see. Are you looking for a home?" A familiar voice asked.

Amisty rolled her eyes at the insult, let out a rather heavy sigh, and spun around.

"Are you following me or something?" She growled, crossing her arms as she came face to face with Draco.

He had already changed out of his school robes, a green and silver tie vibrant against his white button down. Crabbe and Goyle flanked him, per usual, with matching scowls on their faces.

"You wish," He smirked, mimicking her body posture.

His two bodyguards glared down at her, their beady eyes glinting with malice.

"Dream on, Malfoy. I'd live in a mansion before I would want you following me around," She snapped back, eyes blazing.

Without warning, he leaned forward, grabbed her shoulder, and pushed her toward him.

Her breath hitched in surprise and she almost tore away until his cold fingers brushed against the ear cuff that wrapped around her right ear.

Almost immediately her spine straightened as the rest of her body stiffened.

"This must be the most expensive thing you own," He commented, a hint of a sneer in his tone.

She regained movement in her limbs and swatted his hand away, cupping her hand around the piece of jewelry protectively.

"You have no right to mess with my belongings," She hissed, glaring at him furiously as she fixed the cuff.

It wasn't as if it needed fixing, though, as he had barely touched it.

"The few belongings that you have?" He raised an eyebrow tauntingly, Crabbe and Goyle laughing cruelly, as if on cue.

"Yes, actually. I would rather keep everything I own untainted by your incredible level of arrogance," She cocked her head to the side, dropping her hand from her ear and hiding them behind her back

"Amisty! What are you doing?" Hermione's familiar voice sounded from down the hall. She turned around, smiling warmly at her brunette friend as she came closer. "Malfoy."

"Granger," Malfoy replied coldly, nodding ever so slightly.

Hermione grabbed Amisty's hand, dragging her off toward the compartment.

"You need to get changed, we're almost at King's Cross," Hermione explained, her words going barely noticed as Amisty refused to move her glare from Malfoy until they rounded the next corner.

She nodded, noticing how Hermione had changed into her Muggle clothing.

When the got back to the compartment it was empty, everyone gone to go and change.