The Draught Of Peace: Year 5

History of Magic was boring per usual. Professor Binns droned on and on about the giant wars and Amisty was more focused on trying to stay awake rather than writing down her notes.

Hermione wasn't very happy.

"How would it be, if I refused to lend you my notes this year?" She snapped as they left.

That shocked Amisty into reality.

"We'd fail our O.W.L.s. If you want that on your conscience, Hermione..." Ron's voice trailed off.

"Well, you'd deserve it. You don't even try to listen to him, do you?" Hermione replied sharply.

"We do try. We just haven't got your brains or your memory or your concentration -- you're just cleverer than we are -- is it nice to rub it in?" Ron replied.

"Oh, don't give me that rubbish," Hermione grumbled, walking faster.

It wasn't fast enough for Amisty not to spot the pink on the tips of her ears.

They took a seat under a balcony, out of the way of the drizzle and mist that blanketed the grounds in grey. It would've been pretty if their robes didn't act like sponges and soak up all the water.

"Hello, Harry!"

Amisty looked up. Cho Chang was walking toward them, smiling brightly as she waved.

"Hi," Harry replied, his face already reddening at the sight of her.

"You got that stuff off, then?" She asked, clearly referring to the Stink Sap they had been covered with on the train.

"Yeah," Harry nodded, a strained sort of grin on his face.

Amisty resisted the urge to snicker.

"So did you... er... have a good summer?"

Cho paused, her eyes darkening a smidge, but she was still smiling, "Oh, it was all right, you know..."

"Is that a Tornados badge? You don't support them, do you?" Ron asked out of nowhere, pointing at a pin on her tobes. It was bright blue with a double gold T on top.

"Yeah, I do," Cho nodded.

"Have you always supported them, or just since they started winning the league?" Ron demanded.

Amisty visibly cringed.

"I've supported them since I was six," Cho replied, her voice measured and cold. "Anyway... see you, Harry."

Cho walked away, and as soon as she was out of earshot Hermione turned on Ron.

"You are so tactless!" She hissed furiously.

"What? I only asked her if -- " Ron started, looking entirely bewildered by her frustration.

"Couldn't you tell she wanted to talk to Harry on her own?" Hermione cut him off.

"So?" Ron blinked. "She could've done, I wasn't stopping -- "

"What on earth were you attacking her about her Quidditch team for?" Hermione groaned.

"Attacking? I wasn't attacking her, I was only -- "

"Who cares if she supports the Tornados?"

"Oh, come on, half the people you see wearing those badges only bought them last season -- "

"But what does it matter?"

"It means they're not real fans, they're just jumping on the bandwagon -- "

"That's the bell," Harry sighed, sounding very done and very tired of the two of them.