Hugging: Year 4/Summer

Neville walked in a few moments after the lunch trolley came by, listening to everyone's recounting of the Quidditch World Cup.

"Gran didn't want to go. Wouldn't buy tickets. It sounded amazing though," He explained, sounding downright miserable.

"It was. Look at this, Neville..." Ron replied, digging through his trunk and pulling out the miniature figure of Viktor Krum.

"Oh wow!" Neville exclaimed, watching with wide eyes as Ron tipped Krum into his hand.

"We saw him right up close, as well. We were in the Top Box -- " Ron began excitedly.

"For the first and last time in your life, Weasley," A familiar voice drawled.

Draco was standing outside the door that Dean and Seamus had left open when they had left, his arms crossed and Crabbe and Goyle standing behind him.

Both of the idiots seemed to have grown a foot over the summer, something Amisty was rather annoyed at.

She had barely grown an inch!

"Don't remember asking you join us, Malfoy," Harry remarked, his voice very similar to ice.

"Weasley... what is that?" Draco exclaimed suddenly, pointing at the weird maroon dress Ron had thrown over Pigwidgeon's cage.

Ron raced to go stuff it out of sight, but Draco danced around him and pulled it out.

"Look at this, Weasley you weren't thinking of wearing these, were you? I mean -- they were very fashionable in about 1890..." Draco held them up, smirking like no tomorrow.

"Eat dung, Malfoy!" Ron growled, grabbed them back, his face just as red as the... dress robes?

"So... going to enter, Weasley? Going to try and bring a bit of glory to the family name? There's money involved as well, you know... you'd be able to afford some decent robes if you won..." Draco got out through a bout of laughter, Crabbe and Goyle guffawing behind him.

"What are you talking about?" Ron snapped furiously.

"Are you going to enter? I suppose you will, Potter? You never miss a chance to show off, do you?" Draco repeated.

"Either explain what you're on about or go away, Malfoy," Hermione barely lifted her gaze up from her book, her other hand on her wand. "It won't take very much for Amisty to make you leave."

She wasn't wrong.

The reason Hermione's wand was up was because of Amisty.

The green-eyed girl was sitting quite still, but her face was twisted up in anger and the bracelet around her wrist was glowing so brightly it could be seen through the jacket she was wearing.

Hermione had hit her with a Freezing Charm.

"Don't tell me you don't know? You've got a father and brother at the Ministry and you don't even know?" Draco exclaimed gleefully, a full blown smile on his face as he realized what little retaliation he'd be getting. "My God, my father told me about it ages ago... heard it from Cornelius Fudge. But then, Father's always associated with the top people at the Ministry... Maybe your father's too junior to know about it, Weasley... yes... they probably don't talk about important stuff in front of him..."

He laughed again, and then after beckoning to his stupid friends left the compartment.

Ron leaped to his feet and slammed the compartment door shut, the glass shattering with the force he used.