Amisty's Wand: Year 1/Summer

"Where do we get wands?" Amisty asked, her head whipping back and forth as she her eyes scanned the streets.

"Ollivanders, of course!" Hagrid replied, walking down the street, toward a shabby little shop at the end of the street.

The shop had a ragged old sign with gold lettering, telling the name of the shop, 'Ollivanders'.

When Hagrid pushed open the door, a little ball rang, announcing their arrival. The shop had a strange feeling to it, making the hairs on the back of Amisty's neck rise.

"I don't like the feeling of this," she whispered, mostly to herself as she glanced around. There was something there that didn't feel right.

"Good afternoon," A voice whispered. Amisty let out a small yelp, and ran over next to Harry.

An elderly looking man now stood in front of the three, his shocking silver eyes seemed to bore into Amisty's soul. She shivered involuntarily.

"Hello," Harry replied, wrapping his arm around her shoulder gently.

"I thought I would be seeing you soon, but not with you, my dear," the man whispered softly, shifting his gaze from Harry onto Amisty, "You have your mother's eyes, Harry, it seems only yesterday she was buying her own wand, ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work."

When the man drew closer to Amisty, she was fighting down the urge to run screaming from the shop. The stacks of thin boxes seemed to be towering over them, almost suffocating Amisty.

"Your father, hm, yes, favoured a mahogany wand, eleven inches, pliable. A little more powerful and excellent for transfiguration. Well, I say your father favoured it, the wand does seem to chose the wizard." Amisty had started to tune out, the fact that this man, this stranger knew who she was, and probably know, probably knew her parents.

"Um, sir?" Amisty mumbled, hoping she hadn't disturbed something important.

"Yes dear?" the man turned around from the wall of boxes, Harry's arm magically being measured by a tape. Weird.

"Did you, by any chance, know my mum and dad?" She asked timidly, desperately hoping that he did.

The man tilted his head slightly, thinking.

"Why yes, yes I did, well, your mother, at least," He replied, "Echo River, eight inches long, quite soft, maple, dragon heartstring, good for dueling. Now your father, well, I, hm, don't quite remember, sorry"

"It's okay, really, it's actually just what I needed to hear!" Amisty replied, smiling.

So her parents were indeed a wizard and witch, and they got their wands from here, so that meant they went to Hogwarts. If they went to Hogwarts, that means someone had to know who they were.

"You're quite welcome, now that's enough, your turn dear," Mr. Ollivander ordered, and the tape moved on to Amisty.

"Right-handed, yes?" Mr. Ollivander asked, Amisty nodded, and held her right arm out, the tape instantly began to work away.

Mr. Ollivander began handing Harry wands, telling him to wave it about.

Amisty watched with curiosity, each wand being snatched away quickly, the pile of wands next to her began to grow and grow.

Harry seemed to be very upset about how it was going, but Mr. Ollivander on the other hand, grew more and more excited as the pile grew. Finally, when the pile of wands was about the height of Amisty, Mr. Ollivander gave Harry a wand that actually did something.