Scaring The Dursleys: Year 4/Summer

Exam results came and went, leaving all four of the friends with passing grades in all of their subjects.

Hermione, of course, got top marks. Amisty, though nowhere near as perfect, did much better than she thought she would have.

It seemed like the end of the year came far faster than Amisty deemed realistic. She was packing up her belongings, saying her goodbye to Madame Pomfrey, and boarding the Hogwarts Express in what felt like seconds after her conversation with Draco.

"I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies," Hermione told them as they got comfortable in their train compartment.

"But you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty perfect!" Ron exclaimed, looking aghast.

"I know, but I can't stand another year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal schedule," She replied, sighing.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell us about it. We're supposed to be your friends," Ron grumbled.

"I promised I wouldn't tell anyone," Hermione replied, voice harsh before she looked over at Harry and her expression darkened.

He was staring out the window, looking dejected.

"Oh, cheer up, Harry!"

"I'm okay. Just thinking about the holidays!" Harry replied immediately, giving her a wan smile.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about them too. Harry, you've got to come and stay with us. I'll fix it up with Mum and dad, then I'll call you. I know how to use a fellytone now -- " Ron started.

"A telephone, Ron. Honestly, you should take Muggle Studies next year..." Hermione muttered, shaking her head.

"It's the Quidditch World Cup this summer! How about it, Harry? Come and stay, and we'll go and see it! Dad can usually get tickets from work," Ron continued as if there hadn't been any interruption.

Harry brightened, wan smile turning into a real one, "Yeah... I bet the Dursleys'd be pleased to let me come... especially after what I did to Aunt Marge..."

They continued on in the ride, the four of them playing a few games of Exploding Snap and eating a happy, sweet-filled lunch.

That is until Amisty caught a faint flutter of movement from outside the window. She looked over, eyes widening at the sight.

It was an owl. It was a tiny, fluffy ball of grey feathers, bobbing up and down with a massive letter clutched in its talons.

"Harry?" She tapped him on the shoulder and then to the tiny little owl, not quite sure how to go about it.

He turned around, eyes going wide and he opened up the window and caught the owl. As soon as it was brought into the compartment it dropped the letter into Harry's lap and then fluttering around the room excitedly.

Hedwig didn't look impressed, clicking her beak, Echo hooted, seeming amused, and Crookshanks looked ready to eat the tiny thing.

Ron grabbed the owl out of the air after a quick glance at the cat.

Harry picked up the letter, opening it up and his eyes lighting up, "It's from Sirius!"

"What?" All three of them exclaimed, leaning forward excitedly. "Read it aloud!"

"Dear Harry, I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle. I don't know whether they're used to owl post. Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about the owl's reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job. I believe the dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted. There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt -- " Harry started.