Percy's Letter: Year 5

"Morning," Harry looked happier than he had in a very long time as he sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"What are you looking so pleased about?" Ron asked, clearly just as surprised as the rest of them.

"Erm... Quidditch later," Harry replied, still grinning as he loaded up his plate with food.

"Oh... yeah..." Ron nodded, taking a big gulp of pumpkin juice. Ron had been selected for Keeper on the Quidditch team. "Listen... you don't fancy going out a bit earlier with me, do you? Just to -- er -- give me some practice before training? So I can, you know, get my eye in a bit..."

"Yeah, okay," Harry was still grinning.

Hermione frowned next to Amisty, "Look, I don't think you should, you're both really behind on homework as it -- "

She stopped, however, as the Daily Prophet owl came with a delivery of the paper. Hermione paid the knut, and the owl soared off before she scanned the front page.

"Anything interesting?" Ron asked hurriedly. Harry smiled next to him.

"No, just some guff about the bass player in the Weird Sisters getting married..." Hermione sighed, flipping through the rest of the pages.

Amisty glanced over at Harry, who still looked lost in his own world with that giddy grin on his face.

"What's made you so happy all of a sudden?" She whispered, her own smile tugging at her lips.

"Had a run in with Cho in the owlery," He murmured, his cheeks flushing a little bit.

"Wait a moment," Hermione sat up very straight, pressing her nose to the paper and grabbing their attention. "Oh no... Sirius!"

"What's happened?" Harry demanded, grin gone as he tugged so hard on the paper he tore it in half.

"'The Ministry of Magic has received a tip-off from a reliable source that Sirius Black, notorious mass murderer... blah blah blah... is currently hiding in London!'" Hermione whispered.

"Lucius Malfoy, I'll bet anything," Harry almost snarled. "He did recognize Sirius on the platform..."

"What? You didn't say -- " Ron began.

"Shh!"

"...'Ministry warns Wizarding community that Black is very dangerous... killed thirteen people... broke out of Azkaban...' the usual rubbish," Hermione threw her half down, expression panicked. "Well, he just won't be able to leave the house again, that's all. Dumbledore did warn him to."

Harry's good mood disappeared, and he scanned down the articles on his page.

"Hey! Look at this!" He cleared a spot on the table, placing the paper over so they could all see it.

"I've got all the robes I want," Ron replied, one eyebrow raised.

"No, look... this little piece here..." He pointed at a very small article at the bottom right.

Trespass At Ministry

Sturgis Podmore, 38, of number two, Laburnum Gardens, Clapham, has appeared in front of the Wizengamot charged with trespass and attempted robbery at the Ministry of Magic on 31st August. Podmore was arrested by Ministry of Magic watch-wizard Eric Minch, who found him attempting to force his way through a top-security door at one o'clock in the morning. Podmore, who refused to speak in his own defense, was convicted on both charges and sentenced to six months in Azkaban.

"Sturgis Podmore, but he's that bloke who looks like his head's been thatched, isn't he?" Ron whispered. "He's one of the Ord -- "