Curses Thrown: Year 4

Ron wasn't in the best of moods during breakfast, disappearing as soon as he finished.

"We should go find Harry," Hermione murmured to Amisty once the redhead had disappeared. "Before everyone else gets him."

"I think you should do it alone, 'Mione. The fewer the better," Amisty replied just as quietly, remembering his snappy attitude from the night before.

"Are you sure? You're usually jumping to make sure he's okay," Hermione asked, giving her a confused look.

"He's upset, the fewer the better," Amisty bit into her eggs. "Bring him some food, though."

"Alright."

And Hermione was gone, holding a stack of toast in a napkin as she headed up to Gryffindor Tower.

Amisty sat back in her seat, alone, wishing Harry's name hadn't been in the Goblet at all, whether he put it in or not.

-=+=-

Herbology was tense, the Hufflepuffs coldness toward the Gryffindors even more amplified as they worked.

It didn't help that Hermione and Amisty had to sit there and try to force conversation between Harry and Ron, who were both too stubborn to even spare a glance at each other.

When Care of Magical Creatures rolled around, Amisty was five seconds away from ripping her hair out. Having her friends argue was taking a toll on her sanity.

Right on time, Draco arrived, sneering.

"Ah, look, boys, it's the champion. Got your autograph books?" He asked Crabbe and Goyle. "Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer... Half the Triwizard champions have died... how long d'you reckon you're going to last, Potter? Ten minutes into the first task's my bet."

Crabbe and Goyle laughed on cue, but Amisty felt herself wilt even further.

She slipped behind him, completely unable to even jab him in the back.

"That wasn't funny, Malfoy," She whispered quietly, shooting him a half-hearted glare as Hagrid walked out with the boxes of skrewts. H

e looked about ready to reply, but his face morphed into a smirk as Crabbe and Goyle joined his sides, cracking their knuckles at the sight of her.

"Oh, lay off it," She growled, rolling her eyes. "It's not as if I was going to hurt him."

Just to add to the misery of the day, he told them that he wanted them to walk the skrewts around the get rid of their extra energy so they stopped killing each other.

"Take this thing for a walk? And where exactly are we supposed to fix the leash? Around the sting, the blasting end, or the sucker?" Draco asked, his eyebrows raised as he stared into the boxes.

"Roun' the middle," Hagrid replied instantly, showing them. "Er -- yeh might want ter put on yer dragon-hide gloves, jus' as an extra precaution, like. Harry -- you come here an' help me with this big one..."

Amisty stared at the Blast-Ended Skrewt she had been assigned, throwing a terrified look over at Hermione.

"Together?" She asked hopefully, not at all wanting to attempt to control the thing alone.

"Together," Hermione agreed, and they worked with each other to not go flying across the field as the skrewt blasted off.

-=+=-

Double Potions came, and they were greeted by every single Slytherin standing outside with matching badges glinting red on their robes.