Blaise Zabini: Year 4

"What in Merlin's name — " Amisty began furiously, whirling around to face who had stepped on her cloak and almost sent her crashing to the floor. "Zabini?!"

The Slytherin smiled apologetically, his dark brown eyes twinkling with amusement, "Call me Blaise."

"I barely know you!"

"Yes, well," He shrugged nonchalantly, "maybe not me, but you do know a friend of mine."

Amisty's surprise and confusion swiftly burned into disgust and she scowled, "I'm not talking to you about him."

"I suppose not, but I figured I'd be the one doing the talking," He smiled again, this time more charming than apologetic.

"Feel free, Blaise" She sighed, gesturing dramatically before crossing her arms. "It won't do much good, but feel free."

He led the way down the corridor, slipping into an empty classroom and sitting down on one of the desks.

"Draco hasn't been in the best of moods recently -- " He began.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes, "Oh really? Poor him, the horrors he must be going through right now."

"You've got spark, River," Blaise nodded, resting his chin on his hand. "No wonder he likes you so much. Never been able to back down from a challenge."

"Excuse me -- "

"Shh, I'm not here to argue with you," He pressed a finger to his lips, cocking an eyebrow.

"You're infuriating," She growled.

"Thank you, I've been told it's one of my best qualities," He winked cheekily, crossing his legs. "Now, where was I?"

"Poor, spoiled rich-boy isn't happy right now," She muttered venomously.

"Ah, yes. You do know why, I assume?"

"Hm, because I'm furious with him for ruining my life? Boo hoo, Blaise, boo hoo," Amisty retorted.

"So he wasn't just being dramatic, then," He murmured under his breath, dark eyes thoughtful. "I promise you, River, he never would have told the Prophet anything about the two of you."

"If that's all you're here to speak with me about, you're wasting your time. In case you weren't already aware, Malfoy's already tried this all," She replied bitterly.

Blaise didn't look perturbed by her stubborn replies, "It was worth a shot trying to convince you, but I assume it's not going to happen."

"Then I'll be on my way -- " She started, getting up from where she had been perched on the desk toward the door when it slammed shut. Blaise had closed it with a flick of his wand.

"I never said that was all I wanted to talk about," He twiddled his fingers at her with yet another smile.

Blaise was a notorious flirt if Amisty had heard correctly from the gossip floating around in the Gryffindor common room.

Taking a bit after his mother, in a sense. It showed in the charming way he carried himself.

"Well, spit it out then!" She stared at him, raising her own eyebrow in an almost perfect replica of his expression.

Suddenly, his expression turned serious, "In case you didn't know, a Slytherin trait is loyalty, and that doesn't just mean loyalty to blood relatives."

"Your point?"

"It means that we're incredibly loyal to our friends, and Draco happens to be one of mine," Blaise replied calmly. "And I've never seen him more miserable than he is right now.