Mistake: Year 3

It wasn't until Amisty reached the common room did she realize the incredible, massive, stupid mistake she just made.

She had just decided to go to Hogsmeade. With not only a Slytherin but a Slytherin who her friends absolutely despised. How was she supposed to explain this to Harry?

"What have I done?" She groaned, trudging up the steps to the girls' dormitory and faceplanting onto her bed.

Almost instantly the warmth of her face transferred to the pillows, and when she looked up to escape the stifling heat she nearly screamed. Hermione was sitting cross-legged on her own bed, a book lying open on her lap and a curious expression on her face.

"That was quite an entrance," She commented lightly, completely and utterly unfazed. "Any reason for it?"

"Take a guess," Amisty sighed, grabbing her pillow and propping her chin up on it so she could look at Hermione.

"Is it something to do with Malfoy?" The brunette asked casually, a sparkle of amusement in her eyes.

"How'd you know?" Amisty stiffened, her eyes widening slightly at how quickly her friend figured it out.

"You were blushing, you were groaning, and seemed to have made a massive mistake. What else could it have been?" Hermione teased, grinning.

"Ugh... I see your point," She tugged on the curls of her raven black hair. "So, you do want to hear what happened?"

Hermione just nodded, waiting patiently.

Amisty took a deep breath, "He found me in the hallway and to make up for that completely idiotic and sabotage at the Quidditch match -- " her voice verged on a growl before she composed herself. " -- decided we should go to Hogsmeade together this weekend."

Once more her face flushed, and she covered her cheeks with her hands again in an attempt to hide it.

"And what did you say?" Hermione asked, not at all looking shocked or even the slightest bit disgusted at the reveal.

"Isaidyes," She whispered into her palms.

Voice too quiet to be heard, words too fast to even understand, not to mention it was muffled anyways.

"Repeat that. But look up, slow down, and speak properly," Hermione was fighting to keep from laughing judging by her twitching lip.

"I. Said. Yes," Amisty replied deliberately slow, voice still pretty quiet and her not meeting Hermione's brown gaze.

"Thank Merlin, for that. I would've murdered you if you had said no," Hermione breathed, her relief apparent on her face.

Amisty blinked three times, thunderstruck. "What?"

"You heard me," She nodded, closing her book and placing it on her bedside table. "I don't think you realize how bad it would've been if you had said no."

"Bad?" Amisty exclaimed, still unbelievably shocked. "How in Gryffindor's name is this not bad?"

"As much as both of you pretend to be all high and mighty and unbothered, especially around each other, you'd both be miserable if you had said no. He would've been near heartbroken and you would be kicking yourself and moping the entire time we went together," Hermione replied, shrugging as if what she had just said wasn't entirely ludicrous.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Amisty laughed loudly, falling back onto her bed.

Hermione didn't even look fazed at her reaction, "Did you even think before you said yes?"