Visitors: Year 5/Summer

Mrs. Weasley called them down to the basement, where the dinner table had been covered in a much nicer spread than the usual haphazard napkins and silverware. A scarlet banner was strung up to the ceiling:

Congratulations to Ron and Hermione -- New Prefects

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," She explained when she saw their expressions. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled."

Out of the corner of her eye, Amisty spotted Fred rolling his eyes. Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Kingsley were already there, sitting down at the table and chatting amiably.

She darted through the crowd, snagging a pint of butterbeer for herself and Hermione.

Moody limped in a few minutes later.

"Oh, Alastor, I'm glad you're here. We've been wanting to ask you for ages -- could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's inside it? We haven't wanted to open it just in case it's something really nasty," Mrs. Weasley beamed at him as she helped him out of his traveling cloak.

"No problem, Molly..." Moody replied, his magic eye swiveling up to stare through the ceiling at the room in question. "Drawing room... Desk in the corner? Yeah, I see it..." He paused, focusing, "Yeah, it's a boggart... Want me to go up and get rid of it, Molly?"

"No, no, I'll do it myself later. You have your drink," She waved him away, beaming even brighter. "We're having a bit of a celebration, actually.... Fourth prefect in the family!"

Ron attempted -- and failed -- to duck out of the way of her hand as she ruffled his hair.

"Prefect, eh?" Moody regarded Ron with his normal eye, blue eye twisting around somewhere else. "Well, congratulations, authority figures always attract trouble, but I suppose Dumbledore thinks you can withstand most major jinxes or he wouldn't have appointed you..."

Ron's eyes went wide, but distraction came soon enough as Bill and Mr. Weasley walked in through the door, tailed by Mundungus.

Amisty tried very hard to ignore the strange lumps in the latter's overcoat.

"I haven't seen these many people here in forever," Amisty grinned at Hermione. "Except for the meetings, I suppose."

"Is that Miss Amisty River I hear?" A familiar voice called from the doorway.

"Dad?!" Amisty exclaimed, whirling around and almost spilling butterbeer down her front in her haste.

Thankfully, Hermione was able to grab it before it happened.

He walked in properly, his curly blond hair tousled by wind, "Noel River, in the flesh," He grinned.

"Noel, I'm so glad you could make it!" Mrs. Weasley fluttered toward them, her brown eyes bright as she handed him a wine glass. "How's Hogsmeade been treating you?"

He shrugged, "Not much happening. It's been quiet on my end, at least, other than the usual small town drama."

"Why didn't you write saying you were going to be here?" Amisty demanded sharply, torn between being cross or ecstatic.

"I figured surprising you would be a bit more fun, considering everything going on," He replied, taking a sip.

"You just said that nothing was happening," Amisty countered.

"Well -- "

"Well, I think a toast is in order," Mr. Weasley cut them off, raising his goblet into the air. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects!"