A Second Christmas: Year 2

The castle was almost entirely empty as the holidays inched closer and closer.

Everyone was rushing to the Hogwarts Express, desperate to get home from the castle with all the drama going on.

"At this rate, we'll be the only ones left. Us, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle. What a jolly holiday it's going to be," Ron had commented disdainfully one snowy, grey morning.

Amisty's nose wrinkled at the mention of the three.

Like the minions they were, Crabbe and Goyle had signed up to stay over once they learned Malfoy was.

Harry looked rather happy with the few amounts of people, however.

Most likely because he couldn't walk down the corridor without everyone parting out of his way, all pointing and hissing as he passed by.

Fred and George, very in character of themselves, took it to the extreme.

Amisty had witnessed several of their antics, laughing each time they announced his presence.

"Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, serious evil wizard coming through..." They would yell, their sarcasm clear as water.

It had clearly cheered Harry up, as he was smiling as they waltzed ahead of him. Draco, on the other hand, looked livid every time he saw them.

"It's because he's bursting to say it's really him. You know he hates anyone beating him at anything and you're getting all the credit for his dirty work," Ron pointed out.

"Not for long. The Polyjuice Potion's nearly ready. We'll be getting the truth out of him any day now," Hermione piped up, looking up from her most recent book with a pleased glow in her eyes.

"Malfoy won't know what hit him," Amisty grinned, emphasizing her words as she finished writing the last sentence of her Transfiguration homework.

-=+=-

The term ended, and now Amisty was waiting quite impatiently for Christmas morning.

She had been working hard on all her gifts, digging through her trunk to try and find any shards of glass or wood charms.

Luckily she had managed to find a rather big amount of said items.

Ron's was an oak leaf charm with green glass hanging from the hook, the veins carved into the surface by a tiny flame on the tip of her wand, with the rest of Weasleys getting variations of the same. Different colors of glass for each.

For Hermione she braided, much neater now as she had been practicing, leather cord together, clipping an open book charm onto the cord, as well as a shard of bubble gum pink glass, and tying the ends together in a tight knot. The book had a heart burned into the 'pages', once again done with the tip of Amisty's wand.

Hagrid would be getting a bright piece of violet glass tied to a hook made of bent wire, like a keychain of sorts.

Madame Pomfrey's was a small wooden bottle, multiple shades of blue glass dangling from the top.

Finally, Harry's gift was another necklace, like the one she gave him the year prior, but this time it was a lion charm with varying shades of orange and yellow fragments making up its fiery mane.

It was one of the most detailed things she had made, and she was very proud of it.

She borrowed an assortment of colorful scarlet paper from Madame Pomfrey to wrap them up, and with a few more stray pieces of string she tied them up in tight, neat bows.