Quidditch: Year 1

Amisty slowed her pace as she neared the healing wing, taking a deep breath to steady her nerves.

When she pushed open the door, the healer was already there, as if she was waiting for her to arrive.

"Hi! Professor McGonagall sent me here, she said you could do something about my hearing?" She asked hesitantly, wringing her hands as she smiled in a friendly manner to the kind looking witch in front of her.

"Yes, she told me you'd be stopping by. It's wonderful to finally meet you, my dear," She replied, patting the foot of the bed she was standing next to.

Amisty made her way over, sliding up onto the edge like a bird ready to take flight. She looked around, taking in the sight of all the medicines and potions that lined the walls of the room.

When she looked back, Madame Pomfrey was walking back to her with a small needle in hand.

Tensing slightly, she eyed it warily, something very quickly caught by the healer.

"I'm just going to be taking some of your blood. It'll help me see what you need exactly," She explained, pressing the needle into the crook of the girls elbow as she spoke.

Amisty clenched her teeth together, the pain wasn't unbearable but it definitely stung.

Madame Pomfrey smiled at her, removing the needle and walking over to a microscope. She watched in interest as the witch positioned the lenses so she could see the cells properly.

"I thought so, you're just like your mother," She spoke in the direction of the scope, but Amisty picked it up loud and clear.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused as to what that meant.

"It's not my business to explain your past, but if I were you I would do some research on wolves in the library," The healer replied, her crystal blue-eyes telling her that there was clearly something more to the story.

She wiped off the glass under the microscope and threw the rag in the trash before grabbing a shimmering silver potion off the shelf and handing it to Amisty.

"This is called Moonlight, I want you to take it everyday in the morning if you want to fix your hearing problem. Even though it won't hurt you if you forget, keep in mind that your ears will be a lot more sensitive to noise," She explained. "If you run out tell Professor Snape or myself and we'll get you some more."

"Thank you so much," Amisty replied, wrapping her fingers around the neck of the bottle tightly as she got to her feet, ready to leave.

"Amisty," Madame Pomfrey stopped her in her tracks, "Do me a favor and keep your emotions in check from now on?"

"Of course," She smiled, giving a little wave as she exited the healing wing. She tucked the bottle into her robes as she walked through the halls, her eyes darting around to see if anyone had caught her.

As much as she knew it was good for her, she didn't want people to know that she was taking something. It just didn't seem like a good thing to go public.

She rushed through the halls, reaching the Gryffindor tower within minutes and entering after speaking the password. Her eyes scoured the room for her friends, finding them sitting back in the corner. Harry waved for her to come over, and she complied after grabbing a plate and sliding the sparse amount of food that had been left.

"How was your visit?" Ron asked as she settled down, looking his friend up and down with curious eyes.

"Can you all promise me you won't tell anyone about this?" She asked, meeting all their gazes evenly.