Arguing: Year 3

It was breakfast morning when Amisty received her first owl of the year.

It wasn't an eagle owl, not a very big surprise, but instead a beautiful barn owl.

With a gentle swoop of its wings, it landed on her shoulder and dropped a note in her lap before soaring off.

"Who's that from?" Harry asked offhandedly, more focused on the food in front of him.

She flipped it over, recognizing the swirling handwriting immediately.

"Madame Pomfrey, I might go visit her before our first class," She replied, careful to keep her tone light as she unfolded the parchment.

He's awake. I'm not entirely sure how he'd feel about you coming to see him.

Oh, he should definitely be concerned about her arrival.

She had a few things she'd like to say, and most of them weren't very happy.

"I'm going up to the hospital wing. I'll meet you all in Potions," She smiled over to her friends, placing two pieces of toast on a napkin and spooning a bit of scrambled eggs over top.

"Is something wrong?" Hermione asked gently, looking up from her plate in confusion.

"No, I must've forgotten something there," Amisty shrugged, meeting Hermione's gaze evenly.

She was bright, she would understand.

"Don't be too long, you know how Snape is," Ron warned.

She nodded her thanks, swung her bag over her shoulder, and left the Great Hall with her napkin in hand.

The halls were empty, all the students down eating breakfast, and her footsteps seemed to be ten times louder than usual.

A few more turns later and she was in front of the hospital wing doors.

Taking a deep breath, she didn't want to entirely lose her temper, she pushed open the doors.

When she walked in Madame Pomfrey was sitting at Draco's bedside, the two of them were smiling slightly as the nurse talked.

But once his face turned to Amisty, he paled and the smile fell away. She took another deep breath, feeling her shoulders tense as she walked over stiffly.

"Good luck, Mr. Malfoy," Madame Pomfrey got up from her seat, gesturing to Amisty to take it.

She forced a smile for the witch, sliding into the chair and dropping her bag beside her.

"So... what're you doing here?" He asked quietly, a strain in his voice as she stared at him.

"What were you thinking?!" She snarled, her hands clenched around the sides of the chair.

"Hagrid said that the hippogriffs would attack you if you insulted them, but you were too busy trying to find a way to ruin the lesson that you didn't pay any attention, did you? You, as usual, decided to be the arrogant, stuck up, ferret you always are and now look at what you've done to yourself. And be thankful Madame Pomfrey hadn't sent for me earlier, when you were supposedly wailing and crying of pain.

I dressed your wound myself, the amount of pain would have been minimal. The cut was almost closed by the time I finished the last roll of bandages. You didn't even wake up when I pulled too tight on them, so drop the hero crap.

Honestly, it's a miracle I haven't even strangled you yet! You've almost got Hagrid fired on his first day and it would all be your fault because you, being the absolute idiot you are, went and didn't listen."