Chaos At The Ministry: Year 4/Summer

"What's up, Harry?" Ron asked once they were in the attic.

"There's something I haven't gold you. On Saturday morning, I woke up with my scar hurting again," He replied.

Hermione immediately went off into a list of books and people to ask questions to.

Ron looked as if his brain had lept out of his head.

And Amisty stared at him, feeling betrayed.

"But -- he wasn't there, was he? You-Know-Who? I mean -- last time your scar kept hurting, he was at Hogwarts, wasn't he?" Ron asked feverishly.

"I'm sure he wasn't on Privet Drive. But I was dreaming about him... him and Peter -- you know, Wormtail. I can't remember all of it now, but they were plotting to kill... someone," Harry explained.

"It was only a dream. Just a nightmare," Ron shook his head, sounding more like he was reassuring himself.

"Yeah, but was it, though? It's weird, isn't it? ... My scar hurts, and three days later the Death Eaters are on the march, and Voldemort's sign's up in the sky again," Harry looked out the window to see the sunrise.

"Don't -- say -- his -- name!" Ron hissed.

"And remember what Professor Trelawney said? At the end of last year?" He continued as if Ron hadn't spoken.

"Oh Harry, you aren't going to pay attention to anything that old fraud says?" Hermione groaned.

"You weren't there. You didn't hear her. This time was different," Harry insisted. "I told you, she went into a trance -- a real one. And she said the Dark Lord would rise again... greater and more terrible than ever before... and he'd manage it because his servant as going back to him... and that night Wormtail escaped."

They went quiet for a moment, Ron fidgeting with a hole in his bedspread.

"Why were you asking if Hedwig had come, Harry? Are you expecting a letter?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I told Sirius about my scar. I'm waiting for his answer," Harry replied after shrugging.

"Good thinking! I bet Sirius'll know what to do!" Ron looked much happier.

"I hoped he'd get back to me quickly," Harry sighed.

"But we don't know where Sirius is... he could be in Africa or somewhere, couldn't he? Hedwig's not going to manage that journey in a few days," Hermione reassured.

"Yeah, I know," Harry didn't sound convinced.

"Come and have a game of Quidditch in the orchard, Harry. Come on -- three on three, Bill and Charlie and Fred and George will play... You can try out the Wronski Feint..." Ron offered.

"Ron, Harry doesn't want to play Quidditch right now... He's worried, and he's tired... We all need to go to bed..." Hermione's voice held a warning.

"Yeah, I want to play Quidditch. Hang on, I'll get my Firebolt," Harry nodded, completely ignoring Hermione.

"Boys..." Hermione sighed, rolling her eyes and leaving with Amisty trailing behind her.

Amisty covered a yawn with her hand, rubbing her eyes as they walked into their room.

"You are going to bed, correct?" Hermione asked sharply, turning her killer gaze onto Amisty.

"Of course I am, I'm exhausted," Amisty replied tiredly, already changing into her pajamas.

"What about that letter you were writing last night?" Hermione pointed at the corner of the envelope sticking out of the corner of her pants pocket.