Captured: Year 1/Summer

Amisty squirmed around in Draco's grasp, burning with anger.

He still had his hand covering her mouth tight, clearly not believing for a second that she would keep quiet.

He shouldn't think that she would keep quiet, the brat. What the heck was he doing? She listened carefully, picking up Crabbe and Goyle's footsteps behind her and Draco, further adding flames to her anger.

She was so fixated on listening that she barely noticed Hermione walking past, and by the time she did Hermione was already far out of earshot.

She dragged her feet, desperately trying to slow him down.

That was a mistake.

He lowered down slightly, giving her a slight window of hope which quickly closed up with a snap. Instead of dropping her like what she had assumed he was doing, he wrapped his arms around her legs and lifted her up into the air.

"Not gonna work, dear," He whispered in her ear, his cold breath stirring the hairs on the side of her face.

"Let go of me!" She kicked her feet, her voice muffled by his hand.

His grip only grew stronger, stilling her movements. He carried her into a compartment, one of his goons sliding the door open for him.

The second they entered, she finally wiggled out of his grasp, crashing to the floor.

Draco sent a look to Crabbe and Goyle, and the two left the doorway. Amisty glared up at the platinum-haired boy, a low growl developing in her throat.

"Wha-" She started.

"Shh," He replied, pressing a finger to her lips.

"St-"

"Shhhh,"

"Dra-"

"Shhhhhh,"

"STOP SHUSHING ME!" She yelled, shoving his hand away from her face.

"Stop talking, please," He whispered softly, his lips brushing against the top of her ear. Amisty felt a wave of heat rush to her face, and as much as she tried, she couldn't seem to get the words out.

"Haha, well now I know how to make you shut up," Draco chuckled, backing away and sitting down. Well that brought her voice back.

"What do you want?" She snarled, trying to be as intimidating as one could be sitting on the floor.

"Aw, is the poor little orphan girl mad," He teased, grinning down at her.

"SHUT UP!" She shouted, leaping to her feet and stomping towards him.

"Calm down, we don't want you to be expelled for trying to strangle me, would you? How awful would that look on your record. Once a street rat, always a street rat, I suppose." He shot back, a malicious glint in his eyes. "No one would miss you anyways, would they. Your only friends are Potter and Weasley, and they haven't even come to find you."

"Don't you dare, Malfoy," She growled lowly, almost shaking with the level of fury she was feeling.

"I see were on last name basis, are we? Shame I don't know yours..." A shadow of a smirk flitted across his face. "If you even have one."

"For your information, my full name is Amisty River. Just because I live on the streets doesn't make me any less of a person you are. As far as I see, all you are is a spoiled, self entitled, brat, who needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Since it seems what I told you in the robes shop didn't stick, I'll remind you. Everyone may be scared of you and your family now, Malfoy, but let me tell you. I'm not. I don't care who you are or what who your family is. All I care about is how people treat each other, and from what I've seen, you're an awful person. Once again, you don't scare me, and you never will." She snapped back, raising her hand to his face.

He was clearly speechless, and Amisty couldn't help the smirk that formed on her face, "It would be worth getting expelled to see you walk your petty self into to Hogwarts with a black-eye."

"You'll regret what you just said, River," He replied coldly, silver-eyes turning the color of charcoal.

"Bye!" Amisty curtsied sarcastically as she made her way to the compartment door, giving him one last glare as she walked out.

His taunts followed her as she stormed through the hallways, teeth grinding together and hands shaking with anger. She took a deep breath before she opened the door to her compartment, trying to calm down.

"Amisty! Where were you?" Harry asked, taking a look at her. "And what happened?"

"Oh, I just needed a some space. Malfoy really ticked me off," She lied through her teeth, plastering a smile on her face.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Ron lifted his head from Scabbers, his blue-eyes meeting Amisty's.

"Positive. Don't worry about me." She reassured them, forcing the sound of Draco's voice out of her head.

"You better get ready. Hermione was in here a couple minutes ago to tell us to change," Harry handed the girl her robes, a questioning look buried within the green depths of his emerald eyes.

"Thanks," She replied, smiling, before slipping out of the compartment, willingly this time, to change.

-=+=-

Amisty stood in the corridor of the train, behind Harry and Ron, waiting for the train to stop at Hogwarts Station.

She was beyond excited, her anger gone, and was bouncing on her heels.

When the train came to a complete stop, Amisty got pushed along with the crowd until she was out on the cold dark platform.

A grin spread across her face when she heard Hagrid's familiar voice. She ran to the source, and gave Hagrid a crushing hug, taking him by surprise.

"Amisty!" he beamed, giving her a hug back, before guiding her and the rest of the first years down a long, winding gravel path.

She fell twice, stumbled more times to count, and nearly gave the girl next to her a heart attack when she heard someone step on a twig and jumped ten feet into the air.

When they had finally rounded the corner to see the school, Amisty had several cuts along her hands from when she had fallen into a tree.

"Whoa," she whispered, her eyes as wide as the moon as she gazed up at the castle ahead of her. It was massive, towers reaching up to the sky, their windows glowing with a soft golden glow.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid announced, gesturing to a small group of little boats clustered together near the shore of a lake.

Amisty was too far away from Harry to get in a boat with him, so she ended up with the girl she had nearly given a heart attack to, a brown haired boy, and another smiling girl, her brown eyes bright and cheerful. Amisty's gaze was captivated by the castles reflection on the smooth lake, only disrupted by the ripples of the boats cutting through the water.

She ducked her head when Hagrid called out warning, her hair brushing the thick vines of ivy that concealed a wide tunnel.

Amisty shivered as she went through and clambered out of the boat quickly when they came to a stop at an underground harbor. Amisty smiled as she watched Neville reunite with his toad, before following everyone up a small passageway, leading to a small patch of wet grass and a massive wood door.

"Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?" She heard Hagrid ask. With wide, curious eyes, she watched as he knocked on the door three times. Nothing she had ever witnessed, after all that time moving from town to town, had prepared for the sight in front of her.