Detention: Year 1

Everything and anything that could be used as a punishment were used as a punishment.

At least that's what it felt like to the two.

Amisty sat silently in the Professor's study, her hands fidgeting slightly with anticipation. She was repeatedly hitting herself over the head for their stupidity, mentally of course.

It wouldn't help their case if one of them got knocked out. Her heart, which had grown cold at the creaking sound of the door opening, froze at the sight of Neville being led by Professor McGonagall.

"Harry!" He exclaimed, "I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, he said you had a drag --"

Amisty and Harry both shook their head to warn him to stop talking, but the Professor had caught it.

Her eyes were blazing with suppressed anger as she stared the three down.

"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up in the Astronomy Tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourselves!" She snarled, her gaze scorching Amisty's bowed head.

Not a noise escaped her, she couldn't bring herself to speak.

"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on. It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You fed Draco Malfoy some cock-and-bull story about a dragon, trying to get him out of bed and into trouble. I've already caught him. I suppose you think it's funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it, too?" The Professor tilted her head to the side, her tone icy.

Amisty stared at her shoes, ashamed at the trouble she had put her friend into.

"I'm disgusted. Four students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before! You, Miss River, I assume I thought wrong when I believed you knew how to stay out of trouble. As for you, Mr. Potter, I thought Gryffindor meant more to you than this. All three of you will receive detentions -- yes, you too, Mr. Longbottom, nothing gives you the right to walk around school at night, especially these days, it's very dangerous -- and fifty points will be taken from Gryffindor," Professor McGonagall snapped.

Amisty's hands flew to her mouth, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Fifty?" Harry gasped, his green eyes reflecting the shock Amisty felt back at her.

She furiously shook her head at him, warning him to keep his mouth shut.

But it was too late.

"Fifty points each," She added venomously, her rage cutting through the silence of the room like a knife through butter.

"Professor -- please --" Amisty pleaded desperately, quickly followed by Harry's protesting, "You can't."

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Potter. Now get back to bed, all of you. I've never been more ashamed of Gryffindor students," She opened the door for the three, and they all walked out, heads hung low.

They lost one-hundred and fifty points in one night.

Not only making a record for points lost, but also putting their house in last place.

Amisty couldn't swallow, a lump in her throat choking her slightly. When they reached the common room, she didn't even say goodnight to the two boys, just immediately went up to her dormitory.

A single tear of disappointment traced its way down her cheek as she threw herself onto her bed, tugging the curtains closed around it.

Anger and shame shook through her body, causing her to shudder. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, letting the darkness surround her.