Skelegrow: Year 2

It was eleven o'clock, Saturday morning, when Amisty, Hermione, and Ron were all headed down to the Quidditch fields for the match against Slytherin.

The weather was far from enjoyable, air humid with the sky a dull, cloudy grey. They took their usual seats toward the middle of the stands, staring expectantly at the empty field.

It didn't take long for the Gryffindor team to walk out on the pitch, resulting in a loud roar from the crowd.

A roar that was a mix of cheers, from the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs, but also a chorus of hisses and boos from the Slytherin side.

Amisty only added volume to her voice, catching Harry's eye and lifting a hand.

He grinned, doing the same, and then focusing his attention on the two team captains. Wood and Flint shook hands, rather tightly and stiffly, as they glared each other down.

With one last frigid glance at their rival, they walked back to their teammates and mounted their brooms.

"On my whistle. Three... two... one..." Madame Hooch's booming voice carried easily through the fields, and only accentuated as both teams shot up into the air with a cheer.

Amisty scanned the players, watching intently.

"What on earth is Harry doing?" Ron asked, dragging her attention away from the game.

He was pointing up at the boy in question, who was flanked by Fred and George, dodging and rolling out of the way of a Bludger that just wouldn't seem to leave him alone.

She leaned forward, trying to get a good look at the event happening so high up.

"Is something wrong with that Bludger?" Amisty asked, jumping as a cold, heavy drop landed right on her nose. It had started to rain.

"Slytherin lead, sixty points to zero -- " Lee Jordan, the commentator, announced sullenly.

"Can you hear anything, Amisty?" Hermione asked, shielding her brown eyes from the rain.

Amisty strained her ears, trying catch a snippet of anything.

It was deemed impossible, however, as she had taken her potion that morning and the volume of the crowd and rain practically deafened her as she attempted to focus.

"Nothing!" She practically yelped out her reply, covering her ears as a loud cheer erupted from the Slytherin side as they scored yet again.

Almost as soon as the words left her mouth, Madame Hooch blew her whistle, and the three boys plunged to the ground, the Bludger flying after them.

The Gryffindors huddled together, ignoring the taunts from the Slytherin crowd. Now, Amisty could finally hear the conversation, though it was faint.

A result of volume of the Slytherins.

"What's going on? We're being flattened. Fred, George, where were you when that Bludger stopped Angelina scoring?" Wood's voice carried over to her, barely making its way over the opposing Houses' hisses.

"Can you hear them now -- ?" Ron started, only for Hermione to slap her hand over his mouth, glaring.

Amisty desperately tried to catch what George had replied with, only managing to hear the end.

"... for anyone else all game. The Slytherin's must have done something to it," George snapped.

Hermione sent her a concerned and questioning look, no doubt seeing her facial expression change from one of interest to anger.