The First Task: Year 4

"Mr. Bagman!" Amisty called, racing down the corridor after the man dressed in his old Wasp robes.

"Ah, I'm so sorry but I'm rather busy right now -- " He began, turning around with an apologetic look on his face before it changed into one of recognition. "Wait, you're Amisty River, aren't you?"

She nodded, bouncing from foot to foot.

"Helping Madame Pomfrey in the healing tent?"

She nodded again.

"Alright then, follow me!" He grinned broadly at her, and lead the way with her bouncing beside him.

"So you're interested in becoming a healer?" He asked cheerfully as they walked through the halls.

"Mhm! I got into a bit of a situation during my first year and ended up being really interested in it all," Amisty replied.

He paused at the words 'incident,' but recovered quickly, "Daughter of Noel and Echo, aren't you?"

"Yup."

"I knew your mother back in school," He nodded, turning thoughtful. "Lovely girl, truly. Never met anyone sweeter than her."

"You did? Do I really look like her?" Amisty asked, suddenly much more engaged in the conversation, if that were possible.

"You do. Almost exactly the same, and getting even closer with your eyes changing color like that," He nodded.

She beamed brightly, thinking back to the photographs she had seen in the picture album.

"Well, here we are," He nodded down to a tent further down with a red cross waving from a flag. "Madame Pomfrey should be waiting there for you."

"Thank you!" She smiled at him once more and raced off toward the tent, throwing open the entrance to find Madame Pomfrey bustling around, setting up gurneys and potions organizing themselves behind her.

"Hi, Madame Pomfrey," Amisty smiled, making her presence known to the healer. "What do you want me to do?"

She smiled at the sight of me, blue eyes twinkling, "Glad to see you've decided to come and help. There's a crate of potions over there," Her wand raised and pointed at a stack of boxes in the corner, "that need to be sorted."

"I'm on it," Amisty nodded, rolling up her sleeves and pulling the crate down to the floor.

The colored bottles winked up at her, the potions inside splashing as she sorted through them. And then she was unpacking bandages and setting up cots and hanging up curtains for privacy. And then she was lighting up the tent and dragging boxes across to where they were stored.

Now she was perched on the edge of one of the gurneys, making sure the burn-potions and basic healing potions were nearby.

"What's the first task?" Amisty asked, pretending she was confused as to why there were so many burn remedies.

"Dragons," Madame Pomfrey spat out the word, her face twisted up in disgust. "Honestly, and they said it would be safe."

"They have people waiting if it gets out of control though, right?"

This time it was a real question, her anxiety for Harry leaking into her words, tarnishing them.

"Of course. They had to take some sort of safety precaution," Madame Pomfrey replied, brushing her fingers against Amisty's shoulder in a comforting manner.

Outside the tent was a steady stream of chatter and excitement, everyone waiting impatiently for the tournament to begin. Amisty sat on the gurney closest to the tent entrance, safely out of the way but with a clear view of all the action. A dragon was already there, tossing its magnificent blue head and snarling, smoke spilling from its nostrils.