Grimmauld Place: Year 5/Summer

Barely a month into the summer, the Weasley's moved to number twelve, Grimmauld Place. The new Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

Hermione joined a few days later. It was a miserable place.

A painting in the front of the house had instantly become Amisty's greatest enemy. Any loud noise woke her up, and the curtains tore back and she started shrieking off insults at the top of her lungs.

Not very fun.

The house creaked, groaned, and overall was a dump. All the decoration had serpents and dust or were some other weird item that just radiated Dark magic.

Hermione had been very distraught over the House-elf heads mounted to the wall on the way up the rickety staircase.

They spent most of their time decontaminating.

Harry's letters got shorter and more irritable, clearly annoyed with how vague their responses were to his questions. They'd been ordered not to tell him anything. Too much risk of the owls being intercepted.

Four days after the dementor attack, Harry's aunt, uncle, and Dudley all left Harry alone inside his house. He had sent them all the same short, bitter message, and Hedwig practically mauled their hands.

I've just been attacked by dementors and I might be expelled from Hogwarts. I want to know what's going on and when I'm going to get out of here.

Obviously, he wanted a reply. But they had been ordered not to give them, and Amisty spent the past few days healing all the cuts on their hands the Muggle way.

The adults didn't have the time to heal them and she couldn't do magic, nor did she trust the twins with healing magic.

Draco had found out about the attack, which was easy to figure why.

His father worked at the Ministry after all, and with everything in the papers spelling Harry out as some attention hog desperate for another taste of fame would be giving Lucius Malfoy a field day.

Dear Amisty,

I know you've probably heard this a million times already, but really, be careful. It's all over the Ministry about that Dementor attack on Potter, even if it isn't in the paper. You're protective, I know and I understand, but you really need to stop being so reckless. Especially with everything going on right now. I miss you, and I'll see you at Hogwarts.

Take care, Draco

She was reading that exact letter over, actually, when the door to their shared room swung open and Harry walked in.

Out of habit, she shoved the letter under her pillow and out of sight. Technically, she wasn't allowed to write him due to his father's relationship with You-Know-Who, something Sirius had been very adamant of.

"HARRY!" Hermione shrieked, throwing her arms around him before any of them could even get a word in. "Ron, Amisty, he's here, Harry's here! Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless -- but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got to tell us -- the dementors! When we heard -- and that Ministry hearing -- it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just can't, there's provisions in the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations -- "