Hermione Too?: Year 2

Amisty was walking down to the hospital wing, her supply of her potion running low.

She only had half a bottle left before she would run out entirely.

Not to mention she had a few questions to ask Madame Pomfrey regarding a certain blonde haired boy.

"Don't tell me you've gone and hurt yourself again," The nurse looked up as she walked in, taking a seat at her usual gurney.

"I haven't," She nodded, a smile breaking across her face and she joked. "Not yet at least."

"Is this about Mr. Malfoy?" She asked, pulling up a plush armchair and sitting in front of the girl.

"Not exactly... I've run out of Moonlight," She explained, holding up the three empty bottles she had brought down with her.

"What do you mean by 'not exactly'?" Madame Pomfrey asked, taking the three bottles and walking over to her desk.

She waved her wand and a beaker of the silvery potion zoomed out of one of the cabinets, pouring into the bottles.

"Well, I would still like to know why he doesn't have to explain what he was doing in the forest but I did. He was breaking the school rules, too," She replied, her voice tainted with contempt.

"He was, but you were also the one I had to worry about. He wasn't bleeding from the chest, after all," The witch corked the potions and walked back over to where Amisty was sitting, placing them carefully beside her.

"But -- " She started to protest, only for Madame Pomfrey to cut her off.

"No buts, Amisty. He may have broken the same school rule as you, but since he wasn't injured it was none of my business," She interrupted, holding up her hand to silence her as she tried to speak again. "And that means it was none of yours either. You should be thankful he was there."

"I am thankful... I just wish it wasn't him I have to be thankful for," She whispered the last part under her breath.

"It's almost time for curfew, you should head back up to your common room unless you want to lose points for Gryffindor," Madame Pomfrey looked up at the clock on the wall as she spoke.

"Alright.... Goodnight Madame Pomfrey," She smiled, gathering up her potions and tucking them under her robes.

"Goodnight, Amisty. And no more wandering into the Forbidden Forest, I don't care who sends you a letter, I don't want you back in here with another bugbear attack," Even though the words were joking, her tone was serious.

"Okay, okay. No more expeditions into the forest!" Amisty laughed, waving as she walked out and toward the direction of Gryffindor Tower.

All she could think of was why Malfoy had been out by the forest in the first place. Well, that and the letter she never got to read.

It was the one, after all, that was supposed to reveal who the mystery writer was.

-=+=-

"Riddle might have got the wrong person. Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people...." Hermione's voice trailed off as she recounted the information.

The four friends were talking about what Harry had seen in the diary for what seemed like the thousandth time.

Hagrid was the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago, and there was too much evidence against him to think much otherwise.

"How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Ron asked dryly, his head in his hands.

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled. And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award," Harry replied, sounding dejected at his words.