Betting: Year 4

"Very clever, Granger," Draco was leaning against the compartment door, a slight smile on his face.

Hermione stared at him suspiciously, peering not-so-secretly over his shoulder for Crabbe and Goyle.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" Harry asked sharply.

He stepped forward and Hermione relaxed slightly, his goons weren't following after him.

"I just wanted a word with Amisty," He replied with a shrug, silver eyes sparkling.

Amisty looked up at him, raising an eyebrow curiously as she leaned forward, "About?"

"Us."

Harry glared at him in obvious distrust.

"I'm not going to hurt her, Potter," Draco rolled his eyes, a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"You've already done so already, what's one more?" Harry countered, getting to his feet.

"That was Pansy," Draco grit out.

"So what if it was? You didn't do anything to try and fix it," Harry snarled back.

Amisty shoved them apart, glaring at the two of them so heatedly they both fell silent, "Shush! Both of you!"

"I was just -- "

"I'm not -- "

"What did I just say?!"

Both of them looked down at the floor of the compartment, muttering half-hearted 'sorry's.

"Draco," She looked over at him, eyes sharp, "just go and wait outside and I'll meet you."

He sighed, turning on his heel to walk out of the compartment when --

"Wait."

Amisty whirled around to face Harry, her eyes blazing. She did not want to deal with their stupid rivalry right now.

"Shh, Am," He smiled faintly, holding up his hands in mock surrender. "I have a few words for him myself."

"Then do it calmly, or I'll hex you both," She warned, withdrawing her wand so they knew she was serious.

"Fair enough," Harry nodded, turning toward the scowling blond. "You already know what I'm going to say to you, don't you?"

"I better not dare hurt her again or you'll hit me with every spell, charm, jinx, hex, and curse you know and more?" Draco suggested drily, arms crossed.

It almost seemed as if Harry was going to grin at that, "Glad to see we're on the same page for once."

He took his seat again and Amisty stared at him, fighting down the smile that threatened to spread across her face.

'Thank you,' She mouthed.

'Someone has to do it,' He mouthed back.

She let herself smile, following Draco outside the open door and into the train corridor.

"Quite a protector you've got there," He muttered, glaring at nothing in particular.

"He just cares, Draco," Amisty replied, jabbing him with her elbow a bit harsher than necessary.

"I figured."

"So, what was it that you needed to say?"

He smiled, leaning down a bit so they were eyelevel and brushing a kiss on her cheek. "Stay safe, yeah?"

"I know how to take care of myself," She muttered as her cheeks flushed.

"Of course," He agreed, pulling back so his eyes bored into her own, suddenly serious. "You knew how to take care of yourself in the Muggle world. This is different, and with the Dark Lord roaming around... I don't want to see you -- "