Werewolf And A Dog: Year 3

Professor Lupin gazed around, pale eyes scrutinizing the situation. And then he withdrew his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" He shouted.

Harry's wand flew to him, followed by the three Hermione had been holding, and he caught them all. Gaze transfixed on Black, Professor Lupin stepped further into the room.

"Where is he, Sirius?" He asked, voice soft and almost shaking with an emotion long since suppressed.

Amisty blinked, confused, as Black very slowly after a few tense seconds, raised his hand and pointed at Ron.

"But then... why hasn't he shown himself before now? Unless, "Professor Lupin looked bewildered, his eyes widening as he had a realization, "unless he was the one... unless you switched... without telling me?"

Black nodded slowly, eyes still even with Professor Lupin's.

"Professor, what's going on -- ?" Harry started, his voice cutting off as Professor Lupin crossed the room, walked over to Black, pulling him to his feet, and hugging him tightly.

Amisty swayed on her feet.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione shouted furiously. Professor Lupin turned to face her as she leaped to her feet, eyes blazing. "You -- you -- "

"Hermione -- " Professor Lupin began softly.

" -- you and him!" She interrupted.

"Hermione, calm down -- " He tried yet again.

"I didn't tell anyone! I've been covering up for you -- " She continued.

"Hermione, listen to me, please! I can explain -- " Professor Lupin had lost his calm demeanor, shouting.

Amisty felt a wave of fury pulsate from Harry, and when she looked over he was shaking.

"I trusted you and all the time you've been his friend!" He roared, green eyes like fire.

"You're wrong. I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now -- Let me explain..." He pleaded.

"NO! Harry, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he wants you dead too -- he's a werewolf!" Hermione shouted.

Her words were followed by a heavy, suffocating silence. Amisty had felt her heart go cold at the level of disgust and distrust at the word 'werewolf,'

"Not at all up to your usual standard, Hermione," Professor Lupin broke the silence quite hesitantly, looking very pale. "Only one out of three, I'm afraid. I have not been helping Sirius get into the castle and I certainly don't want Harry dead... But I won't deny that I am a werewolf."

Ron attempted to get back on his feet, only to fall back with a muffled groan of pain. Lupin started toward him, concerned.

"Get away from me, werewolf!" Ron hissed viciously, glaring daggers at his once favorite teacher.

Amisty turned away. How far away was she from being a werewolf, after all?

Lupin, with great difficulty, turned his gaze back to Hermione, "How long have you known?"

"Ages. Since I did Professor Snape's essay..." Hermione whispered back, eyes wide.

"He'll be delighted. He assigned that essay hoping someone would realize what my symptoms meant... Did you check the lunar chart and realize that I was always ill at the full moon? Or did you realize that the boggart changed into the moon when it saw me?" Professor Lupin asked, his voice very cool.