Knockturn Alley: Year 2/Summer

Wednesday had finally come.

Amisty sat in the kitchen, munching down the last few pieces of her sandwich as she waited for the rest to finish.

Mrs. Weasley handed her a warm coat before taking down a flowerpot from the mantel.

"We're running low, Arthur. We'll have to buy some more today..." She commented, looking down at whatever was in the pot. "Ah well, guests first! After you, Harry, dear!"

"Um... I don't quite understand..." He fiddled with her hands, looking up at them in confusion.

"They've never traveled by Floo powder before. Sorry, Harry, I forgot," Ron piped up quickly.

"Never? But how did you get to Diagon Alley to buy your school things last year?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"We went on the Underground --" Amisty replied for him.

"Really? Were there escapators? How exactly --" Mr. Weasley started.

"Not now, Arthur. Floo powder's a lot quicker, dear, but goodness me, if you've never used it before --" Mrs. Weasley fretted.

"He'll be alright, Mum. Harry, watch us first," Fred interrupted, taking out a pinch of powder from the pot and throwing it into the fireplace.

The fire roared, turning an emerald green. Fred stepped into the heart of the flames.

"Diagon Alley!" He shouted before disappearing.

Amisty blinked, and blinked again. She was struggling to process what just happened.

"You must speak very clearly, dear. And be sure to get out at the right grate..." Mrs. Weasley explained.

George replicated Fred's actions, disappearing with a rush of air as well.

"The right what?" Harry asked nervously.

Amisty's gaze was captured by the fireplace, still in awe.

"Well, there are an awful lot of wizard fires to choose from, you know, but as long as you've spoken clearly --" Mrs. Weasley started to reply.

"He'll be fine, Molly, don't fuss," Mr. Weasley scolded gently, picking up more Floo powder and stepping into the fireplace.

"But, dear, if he got lost, how would we ever explain to his aunt and uncle," Mrs. Weasley urged desperately.

"They wouldn't mind. Dudley would think it was a brilliant joke if I got lost up a chimney, don't worry about that--" Harry reassured, his voice laced with optimism.

"Well... alright... you go after Arthur and Amisty'll go after you... Now, when you get into the fire, say where you're going," Mrs. Weasley began.

"And keep your elbows tucked in," Ron added.

"And your eyes shut. The soot --" She warned.

"Don't fidget. Or you might well fall out of the wrong fireplace --" Ron interrupted.

"But don't panic and get out too early; wait until you see Fred and George," Mrs. Weasley overtook the conversation once more.

Harry nodded hesitantly, taking a scoop of the powder, throwing it into the hearth, and stepping in.

The flames curled around him. He took a deep breath, choking on the ash that swirled up into his throat.

"D-Diagon Alley," He coughed out meekly before disappearing just like the two before him. Amisty took a step forward, pinching up some of the Floo powder, and threw it into the fire.