Flourish and Blotts and More: Year 2/Summer

"How come yeh never wrote back ter me?" Hagrid asked, looking back and down as they rushed to keep up.

Amisty shot Harry an expectant look, green eyes sparkling.

He took the hint. It didn't take long for his story to finish of Dobby and how his family had locked away all his school supplies over the summer.

"Lousy Muggles. If I'd've known --" Hagrid muttered lowly, coal black eyes  flashing.

"Harry! Amisty! Over here!" A familiar voice called.

Amisty whirled around, a grin spreading across her face.

It was Hermione. Their friend was racing toward them from the steps of Gringotts bank, hair flying behind her.

"What happened to your glasses? Amisty, I've missed you!" Hermione enveloped her into a hug before turning to the tall man standing behind them, "Hello, Hagrid -- Oh, it's wonderful to see you all again -- Are you two coming into Gringotts?" She asked, speeding through the questions like no tomorrow.

"As soon as we've found the Weasleys," Harry replied.

"Yeh won't have long ter wait," Hagrid grinned, glancing over their heads.

Five familiar, fiery red heads were racing towards them.

"Harry, Amisty," Mr. Weasley gasped as he skidded to a halt ahead of them, "We hoped you'd only gone one grate too far. Molly's frantic -- she's coming now --"

"Where did you come out?" Ron asked excitedly.

"Knockturn Alley," Hagrid replied before either of them could open their mouths, voice bitter.

"Excellent!" The twins chorused in unison, matching mischievous smirks on their freckled faces.

"We've never been allowed in," Ron explained, jealousy tinting his tone.

Why any of them would want to go down that horrid street, Amisty didn't know.

"I should ruddy well think not," Hagrid growled.

A few seconds after the words left his mouth Mrs. Weasley sprinted into view, Ginny barely clinging onto her hand.

"Oh -- oh, my dear -- you two could have been anywhere," She panted heavily, withdrawing a brush from her handbag and sweeping away the soot that had covered the two.

Mr. Weasley, with a tap of his wand, fixed Harry's snapped glasses.

"Well, gotta be off. See yer at Hogwarts!" Hagrid bid them farewell, once again towering over everyone crowding the street.

"Guess who we saw in Borgin and Burkes?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione, scaling the steps to Gringotts.

Amisty slowed her pace, interested to see where the conversation would lead. "Malfoy and his father."

"Did Lucius Malfoy buy anything?" Mr. Weasley asked suddenly, his voice sharp as a knife.

"No, he was selling --" Amisty replied, thinking back to the store.

She still felt uncertain about being entirely hidden in that cabinet.

"So he's worried. Oh I'd love to get Lucius Malfoy for something..." Mr. Weasley's voice trailed off, his voice laced with contempt.

"You be careful, Arthur. That family's trouble. Don't go biting off more than you can chew --" Mrs. Weasley scolded, leading the group as they all walked into the bank properly.

"So you don't think I'm a match for Lucius Malfoy?" Mr. Weasley retorted, annoyed before his mood shifted entirely at the sight of Hermione's parents. "But you're Muggles! We must have a drink. What's that you've got there? Oh, you're changing Muggle money. Molly, look!"