The Knight Bus: Year 3/Summer

It was the final night of the week.

Amisty hadn't left her home in days, shutting herself inside and working away at her school work for hours on end.

She hated it.

The sunlight seemed to be taunting her, begging for her to go out and run her rounds as she usually did. But with that vicious dog in her vicinity there was nothing she could do. Not even the letters cheered her up much.

Dear Amisty,

I must ask, are you alright? You didn't say much in your last letter for one and your handwriting seemed quite... tense. I know it's not really my business to know but if anything's bothering you can always write to me. I can find a way to help you, unorthodox as it might be. Do you know when you're planning to go to London? Even though I can't go with you, a fault of my own, it'd be nice to maybe speak with you again. With or without you knowing it's me. And have you heard of that escaped prisoner? You have to be careful with him, he's from Azkaban, the wizarding prison. His location isn't known and with you on the streets I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Whatever it is that's bothering you, know that eventually it'll pass. Nothing bad can last forever.

Take care, Me

She sighed heavily, folding the letter up and tucking it away with the rest of them.

Night had already fallen, the lampposts lining the street bathing the darkness in a warm golden glow. Though the rest of the houses in the neighborhood had turned off the majority of their lights, going off to bed, Harry's house was still bright.

If she focused hard enough she could hear the faint chatter of its occupants. It was still quiet due to the thick walls of the house, but she could pick up the sound of drunken conversation. Not a good thing.

She had diverted her attention elsewhere when she heard a yell.

"MARGE!" The distressed shouts, it seemed like two people were yelling was followed by, "NOOOOOOO!" and a whole lot of barking.

Amisty shot up, her eyes widening as she looked through the windows of the house and the woman who had arrived at the beginning of the week had blown up like a balloon.

"Oh no... Oh no, no, no, no, no," She whispered to herself.

Harry darted out of that particular room, storming out of the house with all of his school supplies clutched in his hands.

"Amisty! Amisty, c'mon, I'm not going without you," He called, still shaking with poorly suppressed rage.

She poked her head out of her home, giving him a concerned look.

"Are you alright?" She asked hesitantly, her gaze flickering momentarily to his death grip on Hedwig's empty cage.

"I'm fine, let's go," He replied stiffly, not looking her in the eyes.

Amisty just nodded, ducking back in and grabbing all her belongings. Thankfully she hadn't left anything out previously.

She followed after him quietly, waiting for him to calm down before she said anything. They reached Magnolia Crescent, arms aching and panting as they sank down on a wall.

"Harry... what happened?" She asked softly, scooting closer toward him on the wall.

"She insulted my family," He replied, his voice frigid.

Amisty paused in her movements, hesitating for only a moment before hugging him lightly. He relaxed slightly, a heavy sigh leaving his mouth before he got to his feet.