Professor Umbridge: Year 5

"You look upset, love," Draco commented as she reached him, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" She replied a little too quickly. She let out a breath, running her hand through her hair. "Nothing..."

He watched carefully, seemingly unimpressed, "You do know you're still terrible at lying, yes?"

"I'm fine, just tired," She lied again, not quite meeting his gaze. He knew she was lying, she could tell, but he didn't press her any further.

"Well," He paused, thinking of what else to say, "how have lessons been so far? You looked rather stressed in Potions."

She groaned, already tired at the mere mention of the class, "That Draught of Peace was the stupidest potion ever created. If you need it because of anxiety, but it makes your anxiety worse while you make it what even is the point!?"

"I'm sure the person with the anxiety isn't the one to make the potion," Draco replied, chuckling.

"If they have anxiety I'm certain that dreaded thing takes way too long to be even remotely helpful by the time it's brewed, anyway," She snarled bitterly, crossing her arms and glaring at the ground.

He shook his head, ruffling her hair, "I think you're overthinking things."

"Hmph," She grumbled. Knowing he was right but too stubborn to admit defeat.

"Potter went off in quite a rush today," He changes the subject fluidly, brushing back a stray strand of hair from her face. "He seemed angry."

She stiffened, her gaze flickering off to the side, "Yes, I assume enjoyed seeing that very much."

"No... not really," He murmured, eyes watching her carefully. "Not in the state you were in after he left."

'Go run off to your little boyfriend instead of lecturing me about friendship.'

"I told you," She snapped, her eyes narrowing, "I'm fine. Nothing happened, he was stressed."

He glared right back, "You're lying."

"Oh, good for you, you're able to notice something anyone else could," She spat, pulling away from him. "What talent."

He staggered backward, eyes wide, but then his expression hardens.

"What has gotten into you?" He exclaimed.

"I'm going up to Divination," She muttered, swinging her bag over her shoulder and stalking away. He didn't follow after her.

-=+=-

She was, in fact, heading up to Divination when she bumped into a rather distressed Hazel Lamark.

"Hazel?" Amisty forced her anger at Draco out of her voice. "What are you doing up here?"

The blond stumbled, all her books tumbling out of her hand and to the ground. She let out a miserable groan.

"Hi, Amisty, I'm so sorry!" Hazel fell to her knees, scrambling to pick up her books. "I was on my way to Transfiguration and the staircase I was on just started moving!"

She almost laughed, "Yeah, they do that sometimes."

"And I don't want to be late because Professor McGonagall is so scary sometimes and, oh, I'm just a mess," Hazel crumpled to a heap on the floor, head in her hands.

"Hey, hey," Amisty dropped down next to her, picking up to scattered books and brushing them off gently. "Calm down."

"No one told me school would be this hard," She whined, holding open her bag so Amisty could dump the books in.