Newspapers: Year 2

Amisty wasn't overly surprised that he didn't let her down with Harry and Ron.

Why would he? She had, after all, been clearly spying on him and his supposed friends.

What did come as a shock, on the other hand, was the fact that he was petting her. His hand weaving through the curls at the top of her head, between her ears.

It was gentle, yes, but still strange nevertheless.

She was far from relaxed in his arms, eyes pleading for rescue from her friends.

"Wait here. I'll go get it -- my father's just sent it to me -- " And once again, he didn't put her down.

He didn't even loosen his hold. He walked up to his dormitory, leaving Harry and Ron sitting in front of the blazing fire.

When he pushed open the door, she gave one hard shove with her back paws and hurtled to the ground.

It wasn't graceful, it wasn't elegant, but it was freedom.

A freedom that didn't last her long, as Draco closed the door right behind him.

The floor was bitterly cold, seeping in through her paws and through her body. She felt her teeth start to poke through her lips, a glare narrowing her gaze.

Unknowingly, her tail had risen a few inches.

"You know, it's far more pleasant speaking to you when you can't reply," He commented, as if this wasn't a kidnapping.

"You slimy git! You've got to be breaking at least ten school rules!" She screeched, only for it to come out as a squeaky kind of bark.

"See," He smirked, laughing as her tail dropped, "much cuter too, if I might add." Amisty felt her face flush, ears burning.

It was then that she was grateful her fur was dark. All she could manage was a strangled yip, not even knowing herself what the translation was.

"You can stay on the bed, the floor gets cold," He spoke nonchalantly, gesturing to the green laden bed that was pressed against the wall.

She gave it a suspicious glance, taking hesitant steps forward.

He watched her, amused, as she scrambled up, not quite ready to lie down but grateful to escape the floor.

It was drenched in his scent and she was almost positive she would reek of it once she left.

He rummaged through his trunk, taking out an assortment of extra quills and sweets. It took all of her self control not to leap on his back and claw the living daylights out of him, so to contain her fury she curled up at the foot of the bed.

"Glad to see you're making yourself comfortable," Draco piped up dryly from his trunk, not even looking up at her.

She flattened her ears, blocking out his voice and instead focusing on the heat of the blanket beneath her.

"Shut up," She growled lowly, her tail twitching irritably.

He had no need to understand her as the message was very clear, and he laughed.

"Sorry to disrupt your lounging, but unless you wish to spend the night here I would follow me," Draco got to his feet, smirking per usual and started toward the door with a newspaper clipping in his hand.

She rolled her eyes, jumping down from the bed and landing on the floor with a yelp. Without realizing it, she had adapted to the warmth and now the sudden feeling of the cold shocked her.