Amisty's Boggart: Year 3

"Everyone ready," Professor Lupin asked.

Amisty nodded, as well as the rest of the class.

"Neville, we're going to back away. Let you have a clear field, all right? I'll call the next person forward... Everyone back, now, so Neville can get a clear shot -- "

The class backed away, pressing against the walls as Neville stood in front of the wardrobe. He was pale, but the sleeves of his robes were pushed up and his wand was in hand.

"On the count of three, Neville. One -- two -- three -- now!" Professor Lupin counted down, his own wand pointed at the wardrobe.

A jet of sparks showered from the end of Professor Lupin's wand right on the doorknob of the wardrobe. It shot open and Professor Snape stepped out, his dark eyes flickering over to Neville immediately.

He backed up, his mouth forming words that couldn't be heard as Snape came closer.

"R-R-Riddikulus!" Neville squeaked.

There was a resounding crack and Snape stumbled. When he straightened he was wearing a long, green dress with lace lining the bottom, a tall hat with a stuffed, ratty old vulture perched atop it, and a massive scarlet handbag hung from his arm.

The class burst into a loud bout of laughter.

"Parvati! Forward!" Professor Lupin shouted.

Parvati took a step up, her face focused as Snape turned toward her. Another crack and it became a bloodstained mummy, inching toward her.

"Riddikulus!" Parvati shouted.

The bandage around his feet unraveled, entangling him and it's head rolled off when it hit the ground.

"Seamus!" Professor Lupin yelled.

He sidestepped Parvati and with another crack, the mummy turned into a banshee.

Amisty watched in confusion as it opened it's mouth wide but no sound came out. That is until she saw Professor Lupin's wand trained on her.

He nodded, smiling, and then the banshee turned into a rat chasing its tail and she could hear once more. A rattlesnake slithered around the floor, and then a bloody eyeball.

"It's confused! We're getting there! Dean!" Professor Lupin bellowed.

Dean rushed forward, the eyeball turned into a severed hand that crawled toward them creepily. Very disturbing.

"Riddikulus!" Dean shouted, and the hand was trapped in a mousetrap.

"Amisty!" Professor Lupin ordered.

She stepped forward, eyes narrowed in concentration as another crack echoed in her skull. The hand turned into what she had expected, the towering, tangle furred wolf with the long fangs and burning gold eyes.

It bared its teeth, a low, bone-chilling growl erupting from its throat. The eyes were wilder than she had thought they'd be, the gold a shock against the thin rim of green along the edge of the iris.

She could almost feel the hot, damp breath of the wolf as it came closer to her, the fangs an ugly shade of yellow. The fur along its back spiked up, making it seem bigger than it actually was, and one glance at its paws told her its claws were almost as big as its fangs.

She heard a gasp from behind her, it sounded like Hermione.

"Is that -- " Harry had started to whisper, but the wolf leaped forward and his voice cut off.